Chapter 3

"What are you planning on doing now", asks Su Wan the next day on their way to school.

"I don't really know. My first priority will be finishing school like I promised Mr. Yang. ... But I think I can't go back to how I used to be."

Su Wan furrows his eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"Black glasses told me once that after I come back I wouldn't be able to go back to my normal life. That I would have completely changed and will look down on everyone around me. And I think he is right with that. Don't you also feel like you changed after coming back from Gutong Jing? That you think that you're better than the others?"

Su Wan thinks a little bit before answering, "... Now that you say it, I really changed. Like I am not afraid of Zheng Yi anymore. I am thinking things like 'I nearly died a few times, saw a snake tree and survived in an underground building with a lot of dangerous snakes' In comparison to that Zheng Yi is not more than a stone that stands in the way. Haha."

Both boys arrive at school and went to their class. Li Cu got a lot of stares as he sits on his table. People staring at the bruises that are still visible on his face. But they quickly turned around when Li Cu stared back.

Mr. Yang comes in to the class and starts the lesson.

Near the end of the lesson Mr. Yang suddenly stops and turns to the class, "Attention please! As you probably know you will have a trip taking place in two weeks. We will go to Xiao city*
and you will take part on a survival class in the forest."

"What the hell.", Li Cu hears from Su Wan.

"What?", Li Cu askes him.

"Which school does a survival training at a school trip? ... And you kinda just came back from a survival camp! Not that they would now, but you know what I mean right?", Su Wan whines.

" Come on, it won't be that hard for us, right? We only need to deal with building tents and things like that. We won't need to stay alert, because of some snakes and a snake tree."

"You're right. We don't need to worry. And we are going with Yang Hao's class so it's us three against a normal forest!"

"YOU WANT TO STAY IN CLASS OR GO OUTSIDE!?", shoots Yang Hao in the now nearly empty classroom to get Li Cu's and Su Wan's attention.

______________________

*I don't know if this is the right name for the city from the Wu mountain house, but the time Li Cu went to Wu Shanju it was said that Wu Shanju is the biggest antiques market in Xiao city and it looked like the Wu mountain house isn't that far from it.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for reading!❤️