Chapter 4

The boys went their own ways after school.

Li Cu turns around the last corner and stops walking.

He sees the car of his dad Infront the building, which must mean that he is back from his business trip and is probably drinking right now.

Li Cu sighs before starting to walk again.

He opens the door and walks into the room to see his dad sitting in the kitchen with some bottles infront of him.

"Here you are!", calls his father after he noticed Li Cu standing in the doorframe.

"I got a message from school, saying you weren't at school during the time I was away.", he says coldly, "Where were you? I can't let you unattended at home, because once I am away you're skipping school?", he keeps raising his voice.

Li Cu knows that he should just stay silent, because what should he tell his father? That he went to the desert and afterwards was captured by the Wang clan?... Furthermore, almost died and that not only once?
His dad wouldn't believe him and to discuss this with him would be meaningless.

So he just kept standing in the doorframe, looking at the floor and waiting for his dad to get angrier than he already was.

Mr. Li stands up with a deep breath and walks towards Li Cu and hits his still bruised face. He starts to strike a second blow but before his hand can touch his face, Li Cu grabs the hand. He could have stopped the first one if he wasn't to immersed in his thoughts.

But he should have taken the hit instead of stopping it, even if his dad was surprised at first he got more furious and grabbed Li Cu's arm to drag him into the storage room and locks the door.

'This room looks different. Has it changed?' Li Cu looks around the small room. The last time he was in here he broke down because of his claustrophobia. But now he wasn't afraid anymore. The room hasn't changed it was him who changed.

_________________________

Thank you for reading! ❤️

Do you like the story?
I would really appreciate it if you give me some feedback because I am really insecure about my writing.