Chapter I

When I moved to Los Angeles I was pretty more than scared. I was not from the country, nor the sub-continent… Just a south-american girl with a high level in English (Learning languages was never hard for me), with marks higly enough for a scholarship in Storreign High School. Even though I liked the language and the country, I’d had never thought of moving there (and a lot less as a freshman), but my father’s job made us constantly move and that was our new home…

My new school and classmates weren’t bad at all, I joined a smart group with funny guys and step by step introduced them into my love for books. Tammy Stevenson, actually, made me join the group. A blonde-haired girl who usually had the bottom of it dyed blue, with really big green eyes, very kind. She was the first person who got close to me, and we never pulled apart since then. She doesn’t look like the kind of girl who locks herself in her house at Friday nights to read books or watch series and go online (in fact, she doesn’t), and that’s why it surprised me that much when she told me about her new favorite tv show: “Teen Wolf”; she talked so much and so great stuff about that serie and its actors that I decided to start watching it. We started to get together on Mondays, in her house or mine, to watch T.W., sometimes on TV, sometimes on internet. We used to invent couples, repeat dialogs, sometimes we even kissed the screen anytime Scott or Stiles appeared, she and I, respectively. Both of us Scallison and Stydia shippers, when we finished the second season I traveled to Buenos Aires, my natal city, to visit my family on holidays, letting her at her home, bored, and with more than 20 episodes to see. Imagine her holidays.

I, for my part, surprised myself by moving perfectly in Argentina, just like if I hadn’t left 3 years before. I met uncles, aunties, cousins, pets, exhausting days. Anyway, I had my two cousins, Martín and Alicia (both 16, like me), with who we went for walks and ice-creams.

In my last night in the city we went clubbing, even though I didn’t really like the idea.

-C’mon, is your last night! And you didn’t go to any place like this since your thirteens, did you?

-There’s a reason why! I don’t like them!

-Come on, Terri, if you get bored we come back home, please!

-We just want to have a great night with our cousin, what’s wrong with that? This doesn’t happen since 36 months!

How could I say “no” to that? I wanted to make them happy, and also, I didn’t know when I’d see them again, so I nodded.

As expected, we went back home earlier. Not because my boredom, but because I fainted. The reason of why I don’t go clubbing is not only because I get bored, I also can’t be in closed places that are crowded. But no one excepting my parents knew it, and they didn’t know about the club until they had to go there to bring us back home (we’d planned to go and return by train, but it was kinda difficult with two of us conscious and one not), so… (Anyway, I’d like to say I’d never had fainted before, not even close.)

When I woke up it was late night. But I wasn’t at home, nor in the club. I was alone, in the middle of the woods, just lightened by the moon and the stars. I didn’t know how I could have gotten there, and, as I realized, with different clothes (luckily, something more decent that a mini-skirt and a top, Alicia’s Idea.): a pair of jeans and a white shirt that said “It’s Okay to be Happy with a Calm Life”, my favorite. I smiled, at least something I was used to. I tried to get up, but my body didn’t move. I heard howls. I heard steps. I heard animals running (one jumped me, without seeing me, thanks to God). I tried to scream, but no sound came out. I was frightened, I just wanted to return home. “It’s a dream, it has to be, wake up!” I constantly repeated to myself, but everything seemed so real, I couldn’t “wake up” from there. Then I heard police sirens. And saw lights around me. I saw a blinding light pointing me: a flashlight. They lifted me and put me in a van. An ambulance, actually. They gave me a pill. I fell asleep.

When I woke up I was again in my bed, in Buenos Aires, but with my pajama, my mother and a very angry father because of our “short break”.

-You are lucky we’re going back to USA in a few hours… And Teresa, don’t think we’ll forget your punishment there: No going out for two weeks.

-I can live with that. –I answered, painful, without realizing what he had said.

-And… You’ll spend the rest of the semester cleaning the house.

-Dad, please, my head hurts, I just fainted, piety?

-At all. We were very worried because of you.

I could see how my mother gave him a disapproving look.

-Okay. –My father corrected.- Piety until you get better. Now get some sleep. We already made your baggage. We’re leaving at midday.

-The only thing we didn’t pack was this. –Said my mom, giving me my teddy-Dog, Max. And yes, I still sleep with my teddy. Worst people is free on the streets, get over it. –Get some rest and tomorrow, after lunch, we’re returning home, okay? –She gave me a good night kiss and left.