Chapter XI

No one answered the house phone nor the cell (after all this I'd have to become a nun in order to thank for all of these strokes of luck). The Principal said he'd have to call later. When I went out his office, he told me to go to Morrell's, who would stay until 8.30pm (I glanced at my watch: 7.15pm). Not any White-House-Top-Secret level, just for presentation and so she could sum up the most important things of the school.

While I was walking through the corridor in my way to Morrell's office, I sent Stiles a message.

"I need you to do me a favor. A big one. Gigantic. I beg U"

He answered at the second.

"Sure, sup?"

"I accidentally told Principal Thomas I was living with the Stilinskis. He's calling your father to confirm it."

"I'm on it!"

"Thank you so much."

"Nothing to thank for. All fixed. We'll be there at 10pm, ASAP after getting out of the Station."

"Thanks, but I just need you to tell the Principal, don't worry about the rest."

"I help you, but I convinced dad to let you come home. He'll suspect if you don't. And also, I'll have to go through "the talk" about babies and that stuff all along the way back home. We'llBeThereASAP

I laughed. Omg, Stiles. Well, I could go for some hours and disappear after... He'd understand it, wouldn't he? And after that I didn't know, I was improvising everything...

"TYSM."

Message sent. He was an angel.

I finally found Ms Morrell's room, with a smile on my lips because of Stiles. He was saving me, I loved him more every minute. And I still had the teddy fox in my hand.

Morrell was busy with another student, so I sat on one of the chairs outside the room and waited.

You won't believe who was sitting next to me: Lydia.

O. M. G.

Of course I started a conversation.

"You're Lydia, right?"

"Yes..."

"Hi, I'm Terri. How have you been after the... last few days?"

"Sorry, I don't talk with gossips."

"Excuse m...?"

"Or are you going to tell me you aren't asking me so you can tell everyone...?" She was being just a little bit rude, but well, I couldn't blame her: most probably everyone was treating her like a nutjob.

"Honestly, I just wanted to know how you were... And, just for you to know it, after spending the whole afternoon studying maps with Stiles to find you... I think I'm classified out of 'the gossips'"

"Stiles?"

"The Sheriff's son...?"

"Yes, I know... Do you know each other?"

"We met a few days ago, at the hospital."

"At the hospital? What happened to him?" –At one point, she had worried. But she was good at pretending she didn't. But anyway: She cared about Stiles. I won't deny it was cute. Is cute to see how Lydia finally cared about him, you know, Stydia...

"No, nothing happened to him... He spent some days there waiting for you to wake up. We met the day you disappeared."

"Ah... I'm okay, thanks for asking."