I do care about you

Summary: after they reunite Killua thinks that Gon doesn't care about him.
Age: 16 years old
Status: friends
————————————————————
Gon POV
Killua and I reunited months ago, and I still feel that we're apart. I don't know why, but I feel like he doesn't want to get close to me anymore. Why? I miss the old Killua. The one that would hit me whenever I said or did something stupid, the one that would play video games with me, the one that would always check up on me.

Was it something I said?

I took a quick shower and changed into something comfortable. It was some green pants and a white tank top. God I look like how I did when we fought the chimera ants. A chill went up my spine thinking about Pitou.

I went outside of my room and hear Killua in the living room watching tv. Right now we are staying at an apartment that Leorio lent us and Alluka is staying with Bisky for training her nen and trying to control Nanika.

"What you watching?" I asked.

"Nothing special. Change it if you want. I'll go make dinner." He said and stood up.

"Can I get in on that?" I asked. He just said a simple "yeah" and started cooking. He's so dry with me.

I can't think on anything I did that would make him be like this. I started thinking. Killua has always been nice to me since always. When did he start to be like this? The last time I remember him being nice to me was when we were starting to do the chimera ant mission. God I was in my head and thinking about killing Pitou all that time that I don't remember how did Killua act towards me.

I was thinking so hard that I didn't even notice the time run by.

"Gon dinner is ready." Killua called from the kitchen.

I stood up and sat down next to Killua next to the table we had near the kitchen. I need to say something. Bring out some conversation.

"Are you doing anything after dinner?" I asked.

"Nothing special. Just my nightly chat with Alluka." He said.

"Do you want to watch a movie after that?" I asked.

"I'll see if I'm not too tired." He said and stood up to bring his plate to the dishwasher.

There it is again.

After he placed his plate in the dishwasher he went to his room. I wanted to go talk to him. I need to know what's wrong. I can't take it anymore.

I put my dish in the dishwasher and left it running since it was full. I went to his room to knock but then I heard him talking to someone.

I used zetzu to conceal my precense so it's easier to not get caught. I heard him sniffing.

"Onii-Chan are you ok?" What I assume is Alluka on the phone say.

"I don't think so." Killua said.

"What happened?"

"Gon is acting like he cares about me again."

What? Acting like I care? I do care.

"What do you mean?"

"Gon doesn't care about me Alluka. Remember what I told you about him. What he said to me when we were fighting the ants?"

"No, big brother, I don't remembered."

"He said that I have it easy. That I have never cared about anyone. Before that he said that I was his best friend, and that he wants to do everything with me. But he didn't want me to fight the ant Pitou with him. Alluka, he never cared about me." Killua said crying. Now I was crying.