The Only Exception

Gon is in a relationship with Retz, until she cheats on him.
Age: 18
Status: friends
_____________________________

Gon POV

I woke up due to the sun hitting my face in the morning, the start of a new day.

I got out of bed and opened the door. The second I opened the door a fantastic smell of bacon and waffles hit my face. Yesss! Killua must be cooking! A lot of people think that he might actually be terrible at cooking but he is actually quite good. He was good before but since we started to live together he picked up on cooking even more, and now he's amazing.

I walked over to the kitchen and I guessed correctly. He stood by the stove cooking bacon and a plate of freshly made waffles were placed beside the stove.

I wanted to scare him so I hid my presence and tip toed to him.

"Don't try it I can tell you're here even with zestu." He said without moving.

"AAAGHH!" I groaned. "How could you tell?" I asked.

"One," he said and turned around, revealing his face smeared with flour. "I could sense you and then you hid your presence, telling me that you wanted to scare me. Two, you're my best friend! It's like I can read you and your next move." He said. "...is there something in my face?" He said once he noticed I didn't answer.

"Actually you do." I said and walked closer to him. I reached to his cheek and wiped the flour off. He blushed a little and I internally cooed. I don't know why I always find him cute when he blushes, he's like a kitten.

"There." I said and brought my hand back.

"B-Baka! I could've gotten it myself!" He huffed. "Anyways let's eat." He walked over to the stove and handed me a plate with waffles with a side of bacon. He grabbed his own plate and sat down at the little table we have in the kitchen.

After we were halfway done he broke the silence we had.

"Do you have any plans for today?" He asked me.

"Uuhh? I don't. Maybe I'll swing over to Retz's. She's been distant you know?" I said and leaned back on my chair.

"What do you mean?" He took a sip of his orange juice.

"She's not been texting me good morning or good nights like usual. She cancels dates, says that she want to be alone in her place, she tells me that she's busy. I don't know how much of that is true. I can tell that there is something more but... I don't know what." I explained.

"Why don't you bring her some flowers? If she's distant then you probably did something wrong, so do it like an apology to her." He suggested.

"That's the thing. I don't think I've done anything wrong. I text her good morning and good night, I tell her that she's my light..."

Killua looked down for a moment. Weird.

"Gon. If she's distant then there are two possibilities. One, she's loosing feelings for you or she feels you are the one loosing feelings." He said in a serious tone.

"So... how do you feel about her?" He asked, leaning back and crossing his arms.

"...She's my light." I said.

"Do you love her?"

"I... do? I don't know. I've always felt good around her so that must be love right? She always makes me feel like I'm the only one in the world." I said. "Yes... yes I love her." I said.

I don't know why but saying that felt wrong.

"Go get ready Gon. You need to see her and make things right if you love her." He said and stood up and took his plate and cup over to the sink.