2. life hit me like a train.

I knew I was dead today. The way Mrs Rossi looked up at me. Why the heck am I so careless? Ugh.  She was about to say something when the doorbell rang. Phew! Saved by the bell.

I saw 2 ladies come in through the door. They were in their late fifties. Probably the same age as Mrs Rossi. I stood in the corner of the room,my head bowed down. Mrs Rossi nodded at me which was an indication that I should start with my cleaning. I made my way to the laundry room. After I was done with the huge pile of clothes. I went to the kitchen. I started cleaning the dishes. I made my way to the storage room because I needed the mop to clean the floor.

I was mopping the floor when suddenly my elbow hit something and there was a loud crash. I turned around and saw that I had hit a flower vase. I had heard Mrs Rossi talking about it earlier and she said that the vase was pretty expensive . I was in danger now. I was about to clean the mess I had just made when Mrs Rossi came to me.

She was already angry at me because of my carelessness and now I just broke an expensive vase. She looked me in the eye. I could see the rage in her eyes. I slowly stood up and made my why to the corner wall. I freezed when I realised that I was trapped now. Mrs Rossi came up to me . Held my hair and said " I knew you would be trouble. I knew it since the first day. I was finding a reason to fire you. Now that you have broken this vase , I think this is the perfect reason to fire you".

My breath was stuck. I knew I didn't like this job but I had to pay for my rent and the food. I didn't have any savings which I could use during a crisis. And then she spoke those dreadful words "YOU ARE FIRED".
Tears started running down my cheeks. I was scared of being in debt. I picked up my belongings and ran out of the mansion, the water droplets still rolling down my cheeks. I sat in the subway. There weren't many  people in the subway this time. I cried my heart out.

I reached home and opened my door. As soon as went in, I threw my belongings away and fell on the bed. I had a picture of my mum on the side table. I missed my mum. If only she was here life would have been much better. Even if I met my dad at this point, I would forgive him and act as if he had been with me for a long time . I was desperate for love. I wanted someone to care for me. Be it a stranger or my dad. Well atleast I can get some sleep tomorrow.

                     ..........................

Second chapter...yay! Thankyou for the love you've showered on this book. And thankyou so much for the lovely comments. Ik the chapters are really short rn. The first few chapters will be a bit short. I'll be writing longer chapters when both the MCs meet each other. I'll be writing the word count from the next chapter onwards.

Now I'll see y'all next time. Peace'✌🏻