13. Abby's big day (2)

I left Abby's room right after she hugged me.. in order to let her get ready.

As I was walking down the stairs towards the hallway, I bumped into something huge and almost fell, until someone wrapped their arms on my waist and held me up.

As  I regained my composure, I realised it was Adrian. He looked at me, mouth slightly wide, checking me out from head to toe.

"Woah! I knew you'd look good in the dress but this is next level- " he said.

I could feel my cheeks heating up.

" Well Thankyou. You have a good taste " I laughed.

He held my hand and placed a soft kiss on it.

"Let's go. We're getting late"

And with that we left.

*Later that day*

We were all sitting and talking while waiting for Abby to show up.

Adrian was introducing me to his friends and some cousins, who were super fun.

A little girl came running down the aisle and said that Abby had arrived. All heads turned towards the large door watching as it slowly
opened and Abby Walked towards the aisle, hand in hand with her father.

"god, i never imagined she'd look this pretty someday" whispered Adrian.

"She really does look gorgeous" i whispered back. I wanted to tell him how it was me who made the dress because well- who wouldn't want credit for something good that they've done , right?

But then it hit me and I realised that Adrian didn't know Abby was carrying a child in herself. I wanted to tell him about it but it wasn't my place. So I kept quiet and watched her walk over to her fiance.

The priest said "Abigail and Gabriel, have you come here to enter into Marriage without coercion, freely and wholeheartedly?"      

"I have" they replied

"Are you prepared, as you follow the path of Marriage, to love and honor each other for as long as you both shall live?" He asked again.

"I am" they answered

"Are you prepared to accept children lovingly from God and to bring them up according to the law of Christ and his Church?"

"I do" they said.

"Since it is your intention to enter into the covenant of Holy Matrimony, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church" he spoke

They joined their right hands and Gabriel spoke.

"I, Gabriel Donovan, take you, Abigail, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."

Abby hesitated a bit and then said

" I, Abigail Westwood, take you, Gabriel Donovan, to be my husband. I promise to be faithful to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you all the days of my life."

Everyone clapped loudly as they smiled at each other.

"Gabriel, do you take Abigail to be your wife? Do you promise to be faithful to her in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love her and to honor her all the days of your life?" Asked the priest.

"I do" he said with a wide smile

"Abigail, do you take Gabriel to be your husband? Do you promise to be faithful to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and to honor him all the days of your life?" He asked again.

But this time Abby was looking at someone else. Everyone turned around to look at a man standing near the door, eyes red, as if he had been crying for weeks, wearing a loose and untucked shirt and greasy hair.

She looked at him, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"I don't" she said.
"I'm sorry. I can't do this"

Her father got up and asked. "Abigail what the hell are you saying?!" He yelled

"DAD I CAN'T GET MARRIED TO GABRIEL BECAUSE I'M PREGNANT WITH JADEN'S CHILD" Abby shouted and suddenly fell on the ground with a loud thud.

Everyone panicked and we ran upto her to pick her up. Gabriel and Adrian held her up and i called the doctor.

*1 hour later*

I was in my room, changing my dress. The zipper was stuck and my hands were too small to reach behind my back to pull it down.

I thought maybe i could just go down and ask one of the helpers to help me but there were too many people roaming all around the house after everything that happened earlier today.

I was still trying to pull the zipper down when a cold hand brushed on my back and pulled the zipper down for me. I knew it was Adrian because his touch was very gentle.

But he didn't stop after pulling the zipper down. His hands traveled all over my back and my waist. Slowly he pulled down my sleeves..And i covered myself with my hands.

"Don't worry, it's okay" he said softly and wrapped the blanket around me.

"You don't need to hide yourself from me. I'll never judge you because you're beautiful Alyssa"

My heart flipped and i don't know what came over me ,but I dropped my blanket and stood there like a statue in all my Glory watching his face as his eyes traveled my body.

He slowly came closer to me and brushed my lips with his thumb.

"Gosh.. you're Devine" and with that he slowly kissed me.

Butterflies were fluttering in my stomach and i never knew he had such an effect on me.

He picked me up and laid me down on the bed covering us with the blanket that lay on the floor.

"After everything that's happened today, i Know you're very tired. Why don't we head to bed right now and then maybe we can do it tomorrow?" He smirked

It took me sometime to understand what he meant but when i realised what it meant all I could say was "s-sure"

He laughed and placed a tiny kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight, love"

"Goodnight Adrian"

                        XxxxxxxxxxX