Dakota 0.4

Dakota 0.4

I made a friend guys. That makes three! Fúck yasss. Goal: Over two friends (counting mylself) - ACHIEVED BÍTCH get on my level. lmao sorry its late lava u. ps chapter is sucky af oops. but remember that it takes me hours to write what it takes you five minutes to skim-read. enjoy fùckers and ty for 400 reads.

-

"I get that you don't want to tell me why you're talking to yourself or whatever but fuck, it confusing as hell" Kiel said finishing of the last bite of his protein bar. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been eating those his whole life, he was built muscly and hard.

"I don't talk to myself" I murmured eying Mika as she watched the butterflies ahead. I didn't know for sure whether it was just Mika and I who could see those butterflies, most of me thought they were a part of heaven that hung in Mika's aura. Her heaven would always be with her, I could see it all the time. It was there for her to turn around and walk into when she was ready. I had an idea of how Mika would be taken from me, she would be enveloped in a beautiful curtain of butterflies and flowers that would turn to dust along with Mika and she'd know when it was going to happen. She'd be ready.

"Just explain it to me, please?" he pleaded. It's not like the impossible is still impossible anymore. Where are dead people walking the earth, there always was. Just this time everyone can see them and they can see everyone.

"I see dead people"

-

We'd fallen into a silence as the biters crossed the tracks ahead of us. They hadn't take any notice of us and if it weren't for Mika we would have walked head first into a slaughter scene. We could easily take them but first I wanted to see where they were going. What smell or noise had led them? What could possibly overpower the smell of Kiel and I less than thirty metres away from them?

Instincts told me to continue so we did, really quietly.

"Dakota" Kiel said in unsurely with his eyes cast upon the darkness of the tunnel before us. Mika was already walking ahead of us and I ran to catch up to her quickly moving body, ignoring Kiel's hushed voice trying to get me to come back. No matter how much Kiel didn't want to come this way, he'd always follow me. I didn't try to stop Mika, just walked by her side.

I watched in awe as her body created a glow in the darkness. Mika had a light illuminating from her very skin. While I stared at her in amazement she just smiled at me and ushered me along.

"Dakota... you're glowing" Kiel said in amazement and for a second I forgot the it wasn't me who was glowing but I soon remembered. Not even dead could I have such a beautiful light coming from my mind, body and soul. All lights inside me had been dimmed long ago and I'd simply run out of electricity. So, I looked at Kiel and shook my head "It's not me" I murmured under my breath and I knew he heard it.

Groans sounded from the darkness and I kept my body pressed close to the rough concrete of the tunnel wall. My eyes scouted the ground as well as the rubble of the collapsed middle of the tunnel. "We climb over. Watch your step. Watch the biters" I warned.

People had already been there, it was that obvious because the blood still glistened in the little light in here. There were still biters snapping from their traps in the rubble and when I did come near one, I took a clean slice to each of their heads. Mika was still right in front of me and as we turned we could see the light at the end of the tunnel and the tracks continuing further on. Was there really a Terminus? Or was it never ending rails leading us to what was left of it? I forced aside my logical thinking for Kiel and Mika. This is what is right for them. I wouldn't stop 'till they were safe that's for sure, I wouldn't stop for my own life if their's counted on it.