Dakota 0.6

HAHHAHAHAH I ACCIDENTALLY WROTE 0.7 PRAISE MY SOUL JESUS

lol last chapter sucked walker díck. soz baes. pls feel free to correct my sucky aśs grammar pls. lava u. WAIT SRSLY U GUYS GMH. LAVA U SO MUCH. WOW 1000 READS. MY LIFE. wait also things are happening differently in here bc dakota u kno.

-

Despite the whispers and rushed conversation my heart beat was loudest, beating hard and heavy in my ears. I could open my eyes before I could move and sound registered in my ears and got louder and louder. Anger was the first thing I felt. Angry at what? I'm sure I could think of a reason later as to why I was laying paralysed in a train cart and angry. I was more than furious that I had woken up.

"Dakota!" someone yelled. It came from outside and I knew exactly who it was. My mind and body gained enough willpower and strength to stand and I was at the wall with my ear pressed to the cold metal as quickly as I could blink.

"I'm here" I whispered loud enough for him to hear, my voice was sore, weak and dry so it came out crackly and small. "I'm here" I said again.

"Just stay in there, I'll get you out" He said from the other side. "I'm gonna need you to do whatever they say in there, okay?" he said and I just nodded hoping he knew. Come quick. I stayed leaning against the wall for a few seconds before gaining composure and hardening my exterior. If I was to get out it would be my own ass I should be watching, I couldn't afford to be watching others. With a slow movement I tuned around and was satisfied to find my neck hadn't stiffened and creaked. I looked to where I was previously lying and on the floor was my knife in the hands of Carl. My anger had died down and I'd become quite placid with every breath that I took. Carl was a young boy, far younger than I had been when the Apocalypse hit. I already knew that looking into his eyes wouldn't have the same purity and effect as Mika's did but this boy wasn't quite as tainted by the world as you would expect. He still had the audacity and thought to put aside his clothing for me and that'd shown maybe there was a little heart left in him.

I addressed the rest of the group with a stone cold expression and they returned it. I wasn't leaning froward as if to attack but I showed that if one of them were coming near me threateningly I wasn't short of adrenaline or strength.

"Here's your knife" Carl said slipping the blade in his hand and showing me the handle. I took it with a nod of my head as if to say thank you and gave him a hand to stand. He didn't take it as if he needed it, just so I knew that we were on the same page and the feeling was mutual. Taking my hand was an acceptance, more like a truce between us. I wouldn't hurt him unless he gave me reason too and he just showed he wouldn't give me one.

"You planning on getting out of here?" Someone asked and I raised my eyes to make contact with Daryl.

"Who isn't?" I asked already searching the corners for any sign of a weakness in the hinging. I knew I wouldn't be getting out that way, they wouldn't just leave us in the box, there'd be at least two people guarding outside.

"We have a plan" Rick said.

"So do I" I countered eyeing him as his jaw clenched. I did as of three seconds ago. Wait it out. That was it. If Kiel was on the other side he'd have my back and he'd be ready.

"How many walkers have you killed?" Rick asked out of no where. This time it was my turn to clench my jaw. I was no where near becoming acquainted with him and I wasn't going to be any time soon. More people meant more danger. It didn't seem to register in my brain as I said it aloud.

"Too many to count"

"How many people have you killed?" He asked and I found myself becoming more uncomfortable by the second. My glare wasn't nearly as fake as it had begun and the facade was completely gone as the silence brewed.