Chapter 5 - Flowers Bloom in spring

[536 Word Count]

Ren knocked on the door only to be greeted with the barking of cookie. Ren could hear Doc say "who is it?". Ren was just relieved that he was alive. "Ren DiggityDog, who else my dude". Doc opened the door and let Ren in. He glanced across the street taking in the scenery of everyone's house. He the closed the door and lead Ren to the couch in the lounge. "what do you want Ren". His voice was raspy as if he hadn't spoken for a while. but that can't be right he has to communicate with his pets.

"I'm just checking in on you how have you been." Doc looked down at Gingy, who was now on his lap, as if thinking carefully on how to phrase it. "I.... errr... hmmm.... bored?" Ren looked at doc and gave a look. You could tell Ren was thinking "then why don't you socialize at the barbeque". Doc Just Looked away and said, "I like someone who will never like me back". Ren took in the statement and then looked back at Doc. His sleeve was now rolled up revealing a budding flower. Then it all clicked. "Why didn't you say so before" Ren stated Dramatically trying to brush off his aching chest. Doc laughed but you could tell it was half forced as the tone was solemn.

Sighing Ren new what he had to ask, "well who is this person, as it's clearly not me". Doc looked at Ren questioningly but still said, "I met him way before HermitVille, you know Grian right." before doc could continue he started to violently cough up a red rose with no thorns. Ren helped by lightly patting his back. They had moved to the kitchen sink Gingerbread hissing at the rose. Doc smiled at the gesture. He looked back at Ren who now understood the situation and why no one could have noticed. He picked up Gingy and walked back to the lounge. Cookie following behind. Ren and Cookie both got on the couch with Doc and Gingerbread and they just snuggled until Ren got a call from false about the upcoming MCC tournament they were going to enter together. Ren was asked to go over to her house for a private meeting. Ren Looked at Doc who was now asleep with Gingy and Cookie and agreed to go over.

The next day Ren decided to see if there was any way to get rid of hanahaki. Sitting in the front garden of his house on his phone. He didn't notice mumbo walking up to him. "Hey Ren, I was just wondering who lived in the house next to yours." Mumbo asked sounding very curious. "oh my best friend Doc , why" Ren respond curious as of why mumbo would have want know, "No particular reason I Just thought that I saw a cat and creepers like him are usually scared of cats." at first he saw the statement as kind until mumbo left and then realized. wait he never saw Doc when scar introduced him he only heard the name so both Grian and mumbo knew him at one point. But why didn't he say anything then?