Chapter 6 - Taken

[827 Word Count]

Doc awoke to peaceful birdsongs just outside his window. The house was too calm. Cookie always woke him up. Where is cookie or Gingerbread? He quickly slips on some random T-shirt and sweatpants so he can walk around his house. As soon as he opened a door he saw a mess. Someone had broken into his house. Cookie and Gingerbread could be seriously injured or worse! Traversing his house careful not to step on shards of glass from the shattered window the anon entered from. As he got to the lounge small whimpers could be heard.

Cookie.

Doc rushed towards where it was coming from. The lounge. He got to the couch to see Cookie muzzled and tied to the leg of the couch. 'Oh my god.' Doc untied His dog and hugged cookie who was licking him back. 'wait where's Gingerbread '. Doc Looked around the whole of his house. Slowing to a stop back at the couch falling in defeat. Cookie nudged the muzzle towards Doc who was on the edge of pouring his eyes out. Doc slowly picked it up and on the inside there was a message engraved into the leather. Meet me in the town hall ALONE tonight at midnight and you'll get your ginger cat back. Astonishment and shock hit as he didn't know what to do or how to react. He was about to call Ren but decided against it and texted him, ''I'm out tonight and I'm not coming back till very late. Hopefully talk to you tomorrow.'' He didn't expect an reply.

Meanwhile in an unknown location. "what are you going to do to gingerbread." Ren asked His course voice a mere whisper. "I don't think you are able to ask the questions." anonymous Responded. Picking up a carefully crafted muzzle. You couldn't see their face but one could tell there was a smug smile plastered onto his face while they adjusted it for the perfect fit. Ren couldn't take his eyes of it. This one seemed to be electronic. As if it were built to be dangerous. Anonymous walked towards Ren muzzle in hand. They Harshly attached it scratching Ren's skin. His eyes in shock. But mostly tears of fear. His eyes darted Looking for anything familiar. A picture. It had Grian in it along with Mumbo and Doc with a couple other people. It looks as if it was a group photo from Doc's old workplace. Seeing he only recognized Grian, Mumbo and Doc. This person definitely knew of Doc's hanahaki as the person drew flowers on Doc. Ren calmed down enough to investigate this muzzle. It was sharp at the neck but only two points. Other than that it was just slightly tight.

...

Striking midnight, Doc walked into town hall Seeing nothing but empty seating. It all seemed way more spooky with the situation. All of a sudden music played ever so slightly in the background as an anonymous figure walked to the front of the stage. Carrying Gingerbread in a small carry crate. The cat was crying out, seemingly for help. "you came alone didn't you". Doc was infuriated "WHAT DID YOU TO GINGERBREAD... WELL" Doc shouted not concerned that he probably woke up False who lived very close to town hall. He was fuming, You could almost see the smoke puffing out of his ears. "Now If you tell me what Grian means to you then I'll let you have the cat." Doc scoffed but then thought hard. But he is lost for words - he thought he loved Grian to the point of hanahaki, "Times up it seems you don't get the cat back". anonymous stated. and was about to walk away when they got a surprise attack from false. who was now extremely pissed as she found out why she was woken up in the middle of the night. she missed them but they let go of Gingy running off. Doc apologized for not telling anyone once they got the muzzle off and Gingy out of the crate. "It's fine Doc, just warn us next time you shout. I don't think I was the only one you woke up". False mention as Grian and Xisuma ran in from outside. "What happened False?", X asked and she casually stated that Doc was threatened for something. "Wait Doc? You live here" Doc was holding his cat but felt close to vomiting more flowers. "I'm sorry for moving out but I had to. But now I wish I didn't. I've made this Village unsafe for everyone."

Grian just looked at Doc concern in his eyes, "Doc... Why'd you have to leave". Doc just looked at Grian his breathing getting slightly more raspy as he could feel flower threating to rise. "Grian do you want to hang out tomorrow to catch up maybe?" Doc asked hoping Grian would forget that he asked Doc a question. "Hmm sure why not." Grian answered.