Chapter 11 - Instincts

*Erin's P.O.V*

Mouse and I watched on the security cameras and listened in on the rest of the unit's radio conversation as they moved to apprehend Peter Eldridge who didn't seem to notice their approach.

I rested my hand on my stomach as I felt the baby start moving around. I often wonder if he could sense my heart racing every time Jay went out into the field without me. I trusted the rest of the unit to have his back, but I always felt more comfortable when I was the one who had his back.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Mouse, "What's he doing?" he asked, zooming in on Eldridge to get a better look. When I saw what Mouse was looking at, my heart rate quickened.

"He's got a gun in his waistband!" I warned the team through my radio, watching anxiously as Jay slowly approached unnoticed from behind.

*No One's P.O.V*

Jay approached Eldridge cautiously, keeping one eye on the gun in the waistband of his dark blue jeans. He gave Atwater a small nod as he quietly holstered his gun and lunged forward, grabbing the gun and holding it against the back of Eldridge's head.

"Give me a reason" Jay snarled in his ear as Atwater and Ruzek ran up to them and handcuffed him before dragging him out of the station and into their car.

"You all good Jay?" Erin asked, concerned as she watched Jay crouch down and put his head in his hands.

"I will be once we find these kids" he replied, standing up and giving a nod to the security camera above him.

After a thorough search of the area by patrol and the members of the Intelligence Unit, the children were still nowhere to be found.

Voight stormed over to Ruzek's car and dragged Eldridge out by his hair, the younger man groaning in protest.

"Where are they?" Voight demanded, pinning Eldridge to a cement pillar by his throat. The rest of the unit watched on unphased, each of them knowing that they would do the same or worse if given half a chance.

"You'll never find them. Those ungrateful little bastards are long gone by now" he sneered, his eyes narrowing menacingly.

"Hey Sarge, been checking this piece of trash's call logs and internet history. His last call was to a cell phone registered to a Bill Stadler; 47 years old with a long rap sheet including two charges of sexual assault of a minor" Mouse announced over the radios, wiping the smug grin from Eldridge's face.

"What else do we know about this guy?" Voight asked, not releasing his grip from Eldridge's throat.

"He has a wife, Susan, who works in a local bakery downtown. No financial discrepancies in the business' bank records. I pinged her phone and it shows that she is at the bakery now. No location on Bill though. His phone must be shut off" Mouse answered, looking over at Erin who grimaced in pain as she shifted uncomfortably from one foot to another next to his desk. Mouse got to his feet and pulled his chair out for Erin.

"Here, take my chair" Mouse offered Erin who gratefully accepted and lowered herself into the padded chair.

"Thank you" Erin smiled, leaning back in the chair and rubbing her swollen belly. She smiled as the baby kicked her hand.

"Can you turn the phone back on?" Dawson asked, growing impatient.

"Possibly. Give me a minute" he replied, swiveling his screen and keyboard as he bent over to type into the keyboard.

Each member of the Intelligence Unit waited anxiously for Mouse to speak. Erin watched as he stared at the screen in front of him intently, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.