Chapter 4 - We Need To Talk

*2 months later – September 25*

*Author's P.O.V*

The young couple rested soundly in each other's arms, having returned home late the night before from a dinner date. A sudden churning in her stomach, roused Erin from a deep sleep and sent her hurtling towards their en-suite. Erin's sudden movement woke Jay, who rushed to her side and held her hair back as she emptied her stomach contents into the toilet.

It was half an hour before she finally sat back and rested her head on Jay's shoulder, completely exhausted. Jay wrapped his arm around her before standing to get her a glass of water. He returned to find a very anxious looking Erin sitting on the edge of their bed.

He crossed the room and knelt in front of her, "What's wrong babe?" Jay asked, handing her the glass of water.

Erin looked up nervously to meet his gaze, "I was planning on telling you tonight over dinner but I guess that now is a good a time as any" she started, taking a deep breath before continuing, "I'm pregnant" she said, staring at him nervously, waiting for his reaction.

Jay's eyes went wide with shock, but his surprise was very quickly replaced with a look of pure happiness as he wrapped his arms around her.
"Seriously? That's amazing!" Jay exclaimed, picking Erin up and spinning her around as she giggled nervously. "When do you want to start telling people? How are we going to tell everyone?" Jay rambled, his excitement taking over as he set Erin back down on the ground.

"Slow down babe" Erin chuckled, "Why don't we start by heading to Med before work to make sure everything is okay before we say anything to anyone" she suggested, smiling at how happy Jay was.

"I'll let Voight know we will be a bit late," Jay said, giving Erin a quick peck on the lips before bending down to lift her singlet and place a kiss on her stomach.

"I'll text Natalie and let her know we are coming" Erin said, smiling at Jay with tears welling up in her eyes.

The pair got up and started getting ready, a bounce in each of their steps.

*30 minutes later*

Erin and Jay walked into Med with their hands intertwined and anxious smiles on their faces.

"Hi, you two" Natalie greeted them, unable to hide her excitement. Erin and Jay each gave her a hug before they followed her into a private room down the hall.

"Make yourself comfortable" Natalie instructed Erin, pointing to the bed.

"How is Ava?" Jay asked, taking a seat in the chair next to the bed.

"She is good. Still not sleeping through the night though," she replied, setting up the ultrasound machine and squirting the gel on the ultrasound wand. "This is going to be a bit cold" she warned Erin, laughing when Erin tensed up when she put the wand on her stomach.

Jay and Erin held hands, nervously waiting while Natalie moved the wand around on Erin's stomach and pressed a few buttons on the keyboard.

"Ah there it is! There is your baby" Natalie exclaimed, pointing at the screen before turning to see both Jay and Erin had tears flowing down their cheeks as they stared at the screen in front of them.

"So small" Jay said, wiping the tears from his face.

"You're only about 8 weeks along so your due date is around the 27th of April. How many copies do you want me to print out for you?" Natalie asked, a beaming smile on her face.

"Twelve please" Erin replied after taking a moment to think, tears still streaming down her face.

"Why do we need twelve?" Jay asked, clearly confused.