Chapter 2: Time Will Pass

I forgot I wrote down what Ember told me about. Hahahaaha.

-----------------------------------------------------

(This is Taylor's POV)

I felt more powerful as of this moment. Full diamond armor and all diamond tools. I had been making city hall for quite some time and I was starting to like how it was coming together. I just needed more quartz.

I stood in front of the building. Nitpicking every detail.

"Taylor, it's fine." Ember said laughing as she came over and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks." I said and plastered a smile on my face as I looked over at her.

I knew that smile was fake, I didn't like the way I built that at all. The frame was incorrect. Everything was just off. I could not believe that-

"Tay, calm down. It looks fine." she whispered to me and patted my shoulder slightly to get the left-over dirt and dust off. 

----------------------------------------------------

A little while later I was back in the mines, covered in coal dust and coughing.

"Taylor! I see your in the mines too what's up?" a voice asked and I turned around to see the familiar rabbit mask. The white a little grayer than usual, probably because of mines. I looked at the details on the mask not to good but it was satisfying to look at. The little whiskers sticking out rugged and bent. The pink in the ears has turned to a pale orange in the following months. 

I realized that I was staring for awhile and snapped out of it, "I- uhh... hey sorry." I stuttered.

She smiled at me, the mask only covering the top half of her face. "So, I found some iron but I got lost on my way back to the sanctuary." she said and I was still just looking at the details of her mask.

"Oh uhh- yeah, I know the way back." I said and started my way back. Making sure to keep checking behind me to make sure Bunni was still there.

The darkness of the caves distracted her from making sure it was safe and suddenly an arrow shot through her arm, "Ow! Damn." I said and held my arm as I fell back against the wall.

Bunni pulled out her sword and killed the skeleton swiftly before turning to me quickly. "Are you okay?" she asked.

We made our way back to the sanctuary and then she sat me down to help me with the arrow, "Well we can't pull the arrow out, it'll bleed to much. And I don't really have anything." Bunni said.

"Hey, it's fine. Just pull it out and I'll- I'll tear some of my shirt." I said and Bunni put her hand against my shoulder and pulled the arrow out and I used part of my shirt and wrapped it around my arms.

She threw the arrow to the ground and then handed her a red and white mushroom, "I saw this in the forest on the way here. I remember Ember saying you loved these so I thought it would make you feel better about city hall." she said.

I smiled, genuinely for the first time in weeks as I took the mushroom. "Thank you Bunni... I needed this." I said.

-------------------------------------------------------------

This was a fun chapter to write. :):):):)

538 words.