P i e c e s

"So have you thought about what you're going to do? I ask Claude.

He shakes his head.

"I don't think I'll do anything. I'm not really into it." He shrugs.

I roll my eyes.

"You only turn 23 once Claude. This is your Jordan year, you have to celebrate! I push.

He chuckles to himself.

"What are you going to do? Make me celebrate my own birthday? He asks.

"If I have to." I nod confidently.

"You're not going to let this go are you? He asks.

"Nope." I shake my head.

"Fine. You can throw me a party. Nothing crazy, Frankie." He says.

"Yes, yes yes! I cheer.

"Nothing too crazy. I mean it." He warns.

"Don't worry, I know exactly what to do! Ugh I can't wait! I smile.

"Good luck planning a party in a week." He smiles.

"You're obviously underestimating my abilities. I'm great at planning. Even if your birthday was tomorrow, you'd still have the best birthday party ever." I boast.

"I doubt that you could actually pull off a birthday party in a day." He rolls his eyes playfully.

"Is that a challenge? I ask putting my paint brush down.

"Oh no. Just a fact." He smiles.

I scoff and fold my arms across my chest.

"When people tell me I can't do something, it simply makes me what do it more." I tell him.

"Oh trust me, I've noticed." He says.

"What's that supposed to mean? I question.

"Frankie, I've known you basically my entire life. You love to disobey your brothers, break the rules a bit." He shrugs.

"It's not like I like it, it's just that they can be really overbearing, and I'm not 17 anymore. There's no need for that." I say.

"Then why don't you just listen to what they say? He suggests.

"Claude I'm a grown woman. Why the hell should my brothers still be telling me what to do, when to go out and come back and how to live my life? I ask.

"Well you aren't the typical grown woman Frankie. Your family is in the mafia. It isn't safe for you to-"

"Did I ask to be in the Mafia Claude? No I didn't. I expected this from my brothers or Leo but I most definitely don't need to hear this shit from you too. I'm tired of everyone telling me what to do! I scoff.

"I'm not trying to tell you what to do Frankie. It's just that we don't want you getting hurt-"

"I train 24/7, I know how to shoot and I have a body guard for crying out loud. Who knows I'm probably still being tracked by you guys. I don't need anymore protection!

"I know but it never hurts to be sure. Last time we weren't careful and Ben-"

"Don't say his name! I stop him.

"I don't want to hear it. I don't care about him or anything that happened in Florida." I say.

"Okay. I'm sorry for upsetting you." He apologizes.

I shake my head.

He knows not to bring him up anymore.

I've expressed that many times.