L a t e N i g h t s

I felt the bike come to a familiar halt and I open my eyes.

I felt Ben's chest vibrate in laughter.

"We're here." He says softly.

I look around and notice where we are.

The beach.

I've never been to the beach at night.

We both hop off his motorcycle and I fix my hair due to the wind getting my hair to go in every direction.

"Come on," he says reaching his hand for mine.

We walked all the way to theend of shore and sat down.

Benjamin began to play with the sand so I decided to spark conversation.

"This is my first time at the beach at night." I say softly.

"Really? I'm here almost three times a week at night. When I'm not by the water fall, I'm here." He says.

"You like to be surrounded by water. I've noticed." I tell him.

"There's something about mother nature that brings me peace. I always say I go to the waterfall when I need quiet. Its amazing how the waterfall is the most quiet place I know but it screams so loud to me." He says.

"If I didn't have school and a family, I'd be here 24/7." He finishes.

"Thats actually really beautiful." I tell him.

"Thank you." He says.

"What about you Karol? What brings you peace?" He questions.

I actually had to think about that for a while.

"I'd have to say unity. It makes me happy. Or just love between people. So in one word Family." I say.

"I like that." He tells me.

"Thanks." I chuckle.

"So considering your answer, you and all your siblings are close? He asks.

I nod my head.

"Very. Sophia Alice and I couldn't be closer. Same with Xander.

"Even though we aren't as close as Soph and Xander, I still get along really well with Tomas, Marco, and Felix."

He nods his head in understanding.

"Id love to have more siblings. Its only me and my sister Brielle. She's at college and does a bunch of adult things. She's barley home though." He shrugs

"On the bright side you get everything you ask for right? I smile to him.

He laughs.

"Somewhat. There's definitely high expectations made of me though. Especially from my father." He sighs.

"Really? I'm sorry to hear that." I tell him truthfully.

"Yeah. My dad wants me to take over the shop one day and wants me to work for his company. I don't even have myself figured out yet, but I know I don't want to do yet." He expresses.

"I understand. The struggles we face as teenagers is hard. We are like at this awkward stage in life where we aren't kids anymore, but we aren't adults yet. Its as if they want us to do big adult things but "stay in a child's place" at the same time." I tell him.

He nods his head.

"I couldn't have said it any better myself." He says.

A moment of silence passes by.