Chapter 6

Kai sat in his room, bored. Nya had gone out with some of the others. Zane, Cole, and the green one. Cole had gotten him to come out of his room. Kai hadn't seen him since he woke up without his memories.

He wanted to do something, but he didn't know what. Kai thought for a minute before deciding to explore.

Sure he'd walked around a bit with Nya, but not much. He hadn't seen the whole place. He decided to take a look at the rooms first. He'd seen Nya's room, so no need to check.

Looking in Zane's room, it was white. There was a book shelf holding pictures and a few books. The bed was neatly made in the middle of the room up against the wall.

Cole's was a lighter grey with a bit of a black tone. It was actually kept a bit cleaner than Zane's. There was a desk in a corner with a couple of pictures. There was a bed in the corner, with many pillows, and a nightstand with a jar of chocolate covered shell peas.

The green room was messy. There were books on the floor and to tissues on the bed. Their bed wasn't made. It was hard to see much, as the room had no windows.

Last room. Kai thought. It was Jay's. He knew that he hadn't left with the others. Kai thought that Jay stuck out from the others. He would stay back, and get snappy with everyone. Kai stuck his head inside.

Jay was sitting at his desk, tinkering with some metal objects. Kai was about to close the door, when a buzzing sound came from a phone next to Jay.

He picked up the phone and looked at the caller I.D. before answering. "Logan. - Yeah. - They just left. - No. He's still here. - No, you think they would invite me? Come on. They're back to normal."

Kai hated that he couldn't hear the other side of the conversation. He also wondered where Jay got a phone. Kai knew they had communication watches, but no phones.

"You got the blueprints? - Good. They're the best I could get. - Are you just getting Owen? - Alright. Just be careful sneaking so many people out. - They'll call for my backup if you get caught you know. - Alright. Let me know how it goes. If I don't hear in an hour, I'll assume you failed and contact the boss. - Just a quick heads up, Lloyd's with them, if you get caught, he could blame you. He'll get determined. - Okay. Good luck." Jay hung up.

Kai closed the door quietly. Is he plotting against the others? He sticks out, but not this much-

Kai hurriedly moved away from the room and to his own.

~~~

Kai heard shuffling around and a thump from Jay's room. He poked his head out of his room as Jay came running out.

"Kai. Stay here!" Jay said. "Dang it Logan!" He rushed out.

Kai waited a couple minutes before heading over to Jay's room. He headed inside.

It was messy, the least nice kept. There was projects and devices on the ground and desk. Kai went over to the desk. There were blueprints of many places and many small gadgets. He moved a few stuff around before a few pictures caught his eye.

He picked them up. There was a group of men with a woman next to Jay. Another was of just Jay and the woman. And one of just the woman. Kai noticed that there was only one picture of Jay with the people that were supposedly Kai's friends.

Kai didn't see the phone that Jay had used earlier. "He must have hidden it somewhere else."

He looked in the desk drawer along with the one in Jay's nightstand. Mostly spare parts and unfinished gadgets.

He looked at the closet. Maybe it was in there somewhere. Kai made his way over and opened the closet. It had some boxes in it and some other things like clothing and blankets.