Chapter 14

Rachel POV

We arrive at the Café and Julian hops out of the driver side and opens my door. I look up at him and say, "Thank you." He looks down at me worried and anxious. I knew I was over-reacting. I was letting my past affect my future. I sigh and reach out for his hand. "I'm sorry, it just caught me by surprise that's all. I know you are being honest and I'm sorry for walking out." I say and I look into his blue eyes. They widen in shock. I smile at him and could tell he was prepared for a lot of groveling until I just said that. "Come here." I tell him as I kiss his lips softly.

I let my hands rest on his chest as his arms wrap around my waist. He pulls back and hugs me close, resting his head on top of mine. "You don't need to be sorry. I understand how it looks and I will fix it. Thank you for forgiving me." He says sincerely and kisses the top of my head.

"Ready for some food, since that's what we had to get out of bed so early for?" Tyler grumbles, I giggle at him and nod.

"Let's go." I say and Julian hangs an arm over my shoulder and leads me to the Café. Tyler walks in front of us and holds the door open for me.

"Thanks sweetheart." I tell him and he grins at me. His face was so handsome when he smiles.

We walk in and head to the counter to order as several people watch us with interest. Julian still had his arm around me and Tyler stood close to me as he looked over the menu with slight interest. I see a table of cops watching and they wave at us. Julian gives them a head nod and smile and I raise my hand in a polite wave. They glare at Tyler and I immediately feel my anger spike.

Tyler doesn't notice or seem to care, I reach out and run a hand down his back, hoping touching him will help calm me. Honestly it does, well that and his megawatt smile he gave me. I smile brightly back at him and Becky walks over and looks at the three of us questionably.

"What can I get you today?" She says a little unsure.

"I'll take my usual, baby do you want what you got the other day?" Julian begins and then turns to me. I nod at him and he continues, "She'll have the same with a mocha and whatever Tyler wants." He finishes and she turns to Tyler with a slight frown. What was with these people?

"I'll do the breakfast scramble and a coffee." Tyler says to Becky. She nods and writes down our order.

"It'll be right out." She says and Julian leads us to a U shaped booth. I slide into the middle and they sit on either side of me. I look up and see several people frowning at us.

"What is everyone upset about?" I ask them. They share a look then turn to me.

"Almost everyone in here is part of my pack. We have not all had the best relationship with Tyler's pack. Tyler and I have rarely ever gotten along, much less been able to be in the same room, so the three of us together is unusual." Julian says.

"So they don't like Tyler?" I ask incredulously.

"Yes." Julian says and I feel my mouth hanging open at his words. Seriously these people are not going to be mean to him. I look at Tyler and he looks unfazed by this but it is making me mad.

I reach out and grab his hand. He smiles at me and scoots closer putting an arm around my shoulders.

"It's ok darling. I have not always behaved as well as I do around you. You make me want to be a better man. Their reaction is for Julian, as their Alpha, they want to back him up and protect him." He tells me and I see multiple people look upset by his touching me.

"He is right. I've told them to stand down as they are mad about him touching you when I told them you were my mate." Julian tells me and I understand. They were looking out for Julian, but I still didn't like that they didn't like Tyler.