Chapter 23.

~Shrey's POV

We left Shivi's house after her mother's brief interrogation. 

What's your name? How do you know my daughter? How you guys became friends with her? How I know Mr. Rathore? How are we with our grades? What do we do rather than study? 

Shit man! It seemed like we were being interrogated by officers. I really liked her bhabhi and Aayush kid. They both were sweet same as Shivi. Her mother was sweet too but she was very suspicious seeing us with her innocent daughter. Of course, because the way Vicky and Danish reacted watching the girls of her neighborhood, anyone would think the same. 

After taking another shower, I went for the basketball practice. It was winter vacations, so the campus was empty. I saw Mr. Rathore scolding someone. I wasn't a guy who is filled with curiosity, so without glancing in his office I walked off. 

But something made me stop in my tracks. Her name.  

"Whatever you did, broke your daughter's heart. Now I don't want Shivani to feel hurt seeing you and your second wife." Was Mr. Rathore's voice. Second wife?

"I know. And I'll do my best to make her accept us." Other voice says. I tip-toed and leaned on the door to hear their talks. There I saw Mr. Rathore was talking to Shivi's dad. 

"You mean you'll force her?" Mr. Rathore said. 

"No. She's my daughter Rathore! My own blood. I would never force her for her bad. I care for her more than anything. I would never do that." Mr. Arora defended himself.

"C'mon! You should've thought about this that night." Mr. Rathore snapped. 

"You can't just bring up the that night's topic every time we converse!" Mr. Arora paused. "Listen Rathore, I don't want to end my bond with you. You're the only one other than her mother with whom she's close. You better help me or else I shouldn't waste my time here." He said. 

"Fine!" Mr. Rathore said. "But remember if she stays at hour house, she should be treated well. I'm warning you Mahesh. She's my daughter too.

"Sure."

"Not get lost from my office." Mr. Rathore joked. Both laughed and Mr. Arora was about to leave but he suddenly turned around.

"Who's this Shrey guy?" He asked. I gulped. Why my topic? Well, this will be interesting to hear.

"Shrey? He's Nanda's boy." Mr. Rathore said. 

"Is he a good influence for Shivani?" Shivi's dad asked. Of course! Like do I look like a murderer or am I addicted to some illegal things? 

"Yeah. No need to worry about the boy with Shivani. Shrey's a very nice boy. And I don't think he's a bad influence for Shivani, and that's the reason I asked him to look after her. You know right, today's kids. Just go around and bully others. Though Shrey is a quite notorious, but he's nice too." Mr. Rathore said. I smiled at his words. 

"Well, then that's great." Shivi's dad said. 

"Just don't worry about Shivani and Shrey." Mr. Rathore said.