The surgery

jo pov
As me and jackson walked toward our patients room he seemed to get happier. Thank God. I was worried he wouldn't be able to do the surgery. "hellloooooo samantha" he says in a really cute kid voice. "How we doing" ans then he proceeds to do a douchey little handshake with her which makes me laugh. I love the way he is with patients. He is always so fun with them especially with the kids. It starts to remind me of how alex was. 
       God I miss Alex so much. or maybe i don't wish him, maybe i miss the idea of him. And sex. I miss sex soooo much. And working with Jackson doesn't help with that because jackson is hot. And with his eyes. WOW. Maybe I can ask Jackson for sex? Wow that's a great idea. And i can trust that jackson won't kill me in my sleep. "Yes I'm a genius" I accidentally say out loud. Jackson gives me a confused look. "oh crap sorry I was just thinking of something so smart" I say trying to cover my ass up. "haha you said a bad word" Samantha says. OH SHIT i said crap in front of a patient, and she's only 6. Jackson gives me a look but then he laughs. "Yes Dr.Wilson tends to have a potty mouth" Jackson quickly replied covering up for me. He then gives me another look like he's not gonna tell bailey. I mouth thank you but I end up eating my mask because I forgot we were in a whole global pandemic.
     As we wheel Samantha to the OR i start to think of all the looks Jackson was giving me. I never realised how well i understood him. He can just give me and look and I know exactly what he's thinking. I was never able to do that with anyone, except Alex.
      We arrive to the OR and I say "All right Samantha we're gonna put you under and it's gonna be just like a little nap." "And when you wake up you're gonna have a different abdominal wall that you can show off to all of your friends and make them super jealous" Jackson says to her. "Ok, see you on the flippity flip" Samantha says. Me and jackson both laugh and then we begin surgery.

    Jackson pov
I have no idea how i'm gonna do it. How am I supposed to talk to jo this whole surgery when I think she's so pretty. As Samantha is about to be put under she says "See you on the flippity flip" and me and Jo both laugh. I love Jo's Laugh. Her laugh makes me laugh. One time me and Jo had a patient together and the patient told us something super serious and Jo excused herself just so she could laugh. It was so funny. She doesn't take things seriously which I love. I get distracted thinking of Jo's laugh and then she starts to talk to me. "Hey we're you ok earlier?" She asks. "Oh yea sorry I was just zoned out, I had a weird morning with Harriet" I lied. I didn't want her to know the real reason I was distracted. "I don't know how you do it" She says to me. "Do what" I ask. "You have a kid at home and everyday you see horrible things that could happen to your kid. Like Samantha for example, she was at school, then a psychotic man comes in and starts to shoot up the school. And bam he shoots her right in the abdomen. That could've been your kid" "wow thanks Jo" I say to her sarcastically but i guess she didn't realise i was being sarcastic. "Oh sorry I didn't mean to like scare you- I- i just- sorry" She says. "No it's ok I get it. And yea I'm always scared for her. But Whenever I hear her sing a song she learned at school or watch her show me 'a magic trick' all that terror goes away." I say to her.
       We finished up the surgery and everything goes smoothly. Then we and Jo go and scrub out together. "Great Job in there Jo" I say to her. "Thanks?" she sounds confused. "Why are you confused" I asked. "I don't know" She says "It's just that I've assisted this surgery before and watched it again so it's not that great of a job, I'm sure Mer could do it better than me if she wasn't you know.... dying" Jo says. I cant tell if she's trying to make a joke out of a bad situation or if she's serious. "Jo what do you mean? You and Mer are the only 2 general surgeons in the world that can do this surgery. That's amazing. Not to mention it was your first time doing it not as an assist and you didn't have Meredith telling you what to do every 5 seconds" I say to her. Then the room gets quite. "I guess you're right" She says. Then there's a moment of silence and we just look at each others eyes. God her eyes are so pretty. "Mer's gonna be ok. She's survived much worse than this. She's gonna pull through....I hope" I say to her.

       Jo pov
Me and Jackson start talking about Mer. "She's gonna pull through....I hope" He says to me. "I hope too" I say. "Have you been able to visit Mer yet?" I ask. "No.... I know I should've but it's too hard. I spent most of my residency with her. I lived with her after the shooting, and when she burnt down my house. She's one of my best friends. If she heard me saying this right now she would say 'Ew Jackson you sound like a child getting all warm and gushy' and I would have to agree with her. But it's really hard seeing her so sick" He says to me. Wow, I've never seen Jackson so..... sentimental? Idk it made me feel so calm. I was planning on talking to Jackson about sex after surgery but now didn't seem like a good time. So I just say "maybe one day we should both visit her... I haven't visited her either. It's too hard, she was my mentor.... she taught me mostly everything I know" He agrees and we walk out of the scrub room.