Chapter 1: 𝑺𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝑻𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔

There I was, in the shower, fully clothed, happy and all, singing with a back scrubber in hand, as the sprinkles from the shower faucet soaked my body.

🎶"And once again.. we'll dance in the rain, dance in the rain..."🎶

"𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚..?"

🎶"And just maybe it would drown out all our sorrows, terror, and pain-"🎶

"𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚."

I halted suddenly at the deep voice, and turned to see the lean man, his forearm pressed against the wall as he tilted his head to look at me standing so proudly in the tub.

He found my eyes and gave me a small smile, "I could hear that horrible singing from miles away."

I stared at Naven in my ridiculous state, his piercing brown eyes shining from beneath his dark curls.

"Hi," I stuttered, hands shaking as I realized the reality I felt, slipped from the illusion of my so wanted dream. "I look hideous? Don't I?"

He chuckled lowly, "No, love. Just 𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴."

With a small smirk he gave me, I found the breath to laugh again.

"May I join you?" he asked.

"May you?"

"I may," he stepped over into the tub, towering above me. He hummed a little, thinking of how many times he had joined me in these little curious fits I had.

His white collared shirt stuck to his body and his hair curled up, now longer than what it would usually seem. "You enjoy this so much, don't you, Kaia?"

I looked up at him, leaving his question unanswered once more,"Don't I?"

I then giggled and tiptoed to wrap my arms around the back of his neck, moving him down to meet my lips.

Not so long after, we both danced and the clothes swiftly fell.

The water elegantly touched both of our skin, but it was a bliss we wouldn't always remain in.

~ "It will rain wherever I go, until the sun shines no more"