☁🐠Sayu x gn!reader

art above by chroniccalamity on tumblr!

I read a thing on tumblr (credit to slasherthirster here! https://slasherthirster.tumblr.com/post/638240574621843456/do-you-have-any-ideas-for-sayu-x-reader-i-know) and I fell in love with the concept! so we have Sayu as her own sentient being

----------✪----------

"(Y/N)!" A chirpy voice rose from your phone, immediately turning your attention away from your work to pick it up.

"Hey Sayu. Something up?"

"No, Neon J and I are still testing to transfer me to that robot body. It's sooo tiring!" She groaned while she swam around your screen. "But I can't wait until I can touch you! It'll be wonderful to see how things taste and feel!"

"Yeah, I'm excited too!" You chuckled at her enthusiasm and sighed. Why did you fall in love with someone who didn't exist in the real world in the first place?

As Remi's older sibling, you often watched him make art of this pink mermaid girl. When he started up his early career in art with his friends, Neon J helped them in the development of a sentient AI who could travel across screens. One day she got to your phone, and honestly, you thought you would be annoyed by her. But nope! Turns out she was the sweetest and silliest being to ever exist. She was so down-to-earth with you and you could talk about anything and never be bored. Surprisingly, it was her who confessed with 'you make my heart go doki-doki!'

"Oh! Are you going to watch the livestream tonight?" Sayu's eyes sparkled.

"I think I can make it! College has been really cracking down on me."

"Ehhh? Why can't you watch while studying?"

"Because I'm totally not gonna be able to take my eyes off you."

"Ba-bump!" Sayu covered her mouth and blushed. Swimming off your phone screen and appearing on your computer, she pouted.

"I can just get the answers for you!"

"Sayu, I can't cheat in college."

"Pretty please can you watch tonight?"

"Promise."

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise." You snickered and placed your pinky on your screen, where Sayu placed her pinky on yours on the other side. You grinned when Sayu smiled widely and blushed, swimming off to squeal to herself.

"Ahhh! Okay, Neon J is calling me back. You promised you'd watch! I luv you (Y/N)!"

"Love you too. Have fun!"

"Pyun!"

That night, Neon J had invited you to the mansion where the Sayu bot lived. Surprisingly, this would be your first time seeing it, and you were thrilled as hell. Escorted by a couple robot guards, you smiled when your good friend Eloni opened the door .

"(Y/N)!" He exclaimed and hugged you.

"Hey," You grinned. "Where's everyone?"