💔🥁 Zuke x f!reader

art above by RuneSho on twt!

so im feeling like shit so i wanna write some sappy bull and angst with a happy ending

this a long ass goddamn story

i also copy-pasted one of the scripted events from my other book because GDJSHDHS im lazy

requested by Vyradust

----------✪----------

"You did WHAT!?" You shrieked, about to strangle the two rockers returning from a late night out, and you had just found out why.

"Yeah, we gave DJ Subatomic Supernova a good beatdown! We own the Cast Tech district now!" May chirped excitedly. You stared at the two exhaustedly. You had seen their audition on live TV, and thought they had gone to cool their nerves or something. Not beat the shit out of one of your bosses and friend.

"What the hell were you thinking!? Who's idea was this!?"

"It... It was a combined effort.," Your boyfriend, Zuke cowered as he noticed the stress that seeped from your words. You dragged a hand down your face and sighed.

"Seriously. What the hell is your goal?"

"We need to bring rock back into the industry, (Y/N)! We can fix the energy output! Remember that solo career you had before you joined NSR? You could-"

"No. Don't talk about that," You stopped May mid-sentence. "How is beating the absolute shit out of one of my bosses going to help your cause? And you could have hurt him, or yourselves-"

"(Y/N)," Zuke placed his hands on your shoulders. "Please trust us on this. This is the beginning of a good rebellion. We know what we're doing."

"...Fine," You sighed. "I'll trust you. For now. Just... please don't do anything stupid."

"Welp- I'm spent! I'll leave you two alone. Nighty night!" May sauntered away to go pass out on her top bunk. You huffed and pulled away from Zuke to go do the same, ready to go the hell to sleep after tonight's endeavors. Zuke tailed close behind you, stopping when you plopped down on his bottom bunk and rubbed your face.

"(Y/N)..." Zuke sat next to you, slinging an arm around your shoulders.

"I really, really hope you know what you're doing."

"We do. We can make change in this city, I promise." You stayed silent, resting your head on his shoulder. You leaned over, making the both of you fall over onto the mattress.

"Just... promise me you won't do anything rash. Please."

"I promise, (Y/N). I love you."

"...I love you too."

"Welcome home, (Y/N)!" May chirped when you walked into the living room after a long day at NSR. As one of the higher-ups, the work was never over. Especially after DJSS was launched to space.

"Uh, yeah. Hi. Who the hell is this?" You pointed at a redhead in the room who looked like he hadn't showered in years, typing away at a tablet.

"This is Kliff. He can help us with the fight against NSR." Zuke smiled and gave you your welcome-home hug.

"Nice to meet you." Kliff greeted.

"Charmed." You rolled your eyes and went to go to the kitchen to get some leftovers, when Kliff stopped you in your tracks.