Chapter 12: Advice

Killua's POV 

I follow gon and head to the festival. When we arrive, there were a bunch of tables and stands and there were also lots of fairy lights everywhere. Gon and I changed into our kimonos before heading here and I remembered the fact that gon and I had matching kimonos. I kind of hope no one notices. We walk around and see a few familiar people.

"Kite!" Gon said while running to kite.
"Hey gon and killua." Kite waved and I waved back. Kite looked at me then gon.
"Are you guys matching kimonos?" 
"Huh?! N-"
"Yeahhh! Killua is my date!" Gon smiled and I blush.
"Oh, that's neat." Kite wasn't even surprised. 
"Well, see you guys around." Gon and I wave to kite as he left to eat. 
"Let's go find kurapika and leorio!" Gon said. Gon and I walked around and we find kurapika and leorio buying some food. 

"Hey gon and killua!" Leorio smiled. 
"Oh, matching kimonos I see." Kurapika said. Damnit. Why is everyone noticing?! 
"Oh by the way, can you guys find a table? There'll be a lot more people here soon." Leorio asked. 
"Yes, gon, come with me." Kurapika said to gon. 
"Huh- oh uh okay." Leorio said. "Well wait, what do you guys want?" We told leorio what we wanted and I stayed with him since he said he needed help to bring it to the table. Kurapika and gon left to find a table. 

"Hey killua, how would you propose to someone you love?" Leorio asked out of the blue. 
"H-huh?!" 
"I planned on getting gon to stay with me because I needed some help but kurapika took him. So basically... I need help..." Leorio gets flustered admitting the help he needs from a little teen like me.
"I see, old man leorio needs help." I chuckle and leorio rolls his eyes. 
"Whatever, kid." 
"But seriously speaking... I think you should plan it in a place where something important happened between the two of you. I'll try to help if needed." I say.
"That's a good idea. Thanks. I'll be here if you need help or advice too by the way."
"I actually do need help. I've been feeling these weird things around gon. Say, is it possible that my stomach explodes?!" I say and leorio laughs like a crazy person.

"I knew it! You guys are in love aren't you?!" Leorio says a little too loud and people look at us and start whispering. 
"Uh, do you really think so?" I look down fiddling with my kimono. The pieces did kind of connect...
"Since you mentioned that stomach thing, I really think you are." 
"But I've only known him for a while..." 
"Hmm, it doesn't really matter how long you've known each other for." 
"Well what do I do then?" 
"Maybe confess? Or you could give it some time if you want." Leorio hands me some of the food as we walk around.
"Hmm, I'll think about that. I really just wanted to know what this feeling was. Thanks, old man." 

With kurapika and gon, Gon's POV

Kurapika and I leave to find a table.

"Gon, I need help." 
"Huh? What's wrong?" I say and kurapika lets out a sigh.

"I wanna propose to leorio but I don't know what to do. I'm not really that lovey dovey, you know? I'm asking you because you know things that leorio might like."
"Do you need help with planning the gifts and venue?" 
"I need help with everything." Kurapika confesses. 
"Oh, well... I don't really know a lot of this either but leorio loves you a lot! I don't think he asks for much. But I think you should do it where you guys had your first date or where you confessed to each other! I'll help if you want!"
"Oh, thanks gon! I really appreciate that." Kurapika smiled at me and I get reminded of killua.

"I want some advice too by the way. I think I like someone..." I said and kurapika's eyes soften.
"Is it killua? He's the only person you hang out with."
"Yeah... But I'm not sure if it's because I like him or because we're friends."
"Do you feel weird around him? Nervous? Or things in your stomach?" 
"Yeah."
"Then you probably like him. I suggest you tell him how you feel before he goes off to fix the problems he has with his family." I get reminded of the situation. 
"Oh... Thanks for reminding me. I forgot. I think I'll confess, soon. Thanks for the help." I smile. 

Kurapika and I talk until killua and leorio head back to us with the food they bought. There was some weird awkward tension between killua and I. We ate our food and it was slowly getting dark. Almost time for the main event, the fireworks. 

Killua's POV

"So, is this all we do in festivals?" I asked.
"No, there are still fireworks to look forward to. It's really famous for having the shape of a rose." Leorio said. 
"It's based on a historical event. A battle between the human race and a mutated species. A man sacrificed himself for the sake of us living on this earth. Once his heart stopped beating, a nuke came off called  'The old man's rose'." Kurapika added.
"I know about that! My aunt mito used to talk about it." Gon said.
"That's interesting..." I replied to all of them. I'm pretty sure we learned about this before. I'm not so sure because I never really cared.

"What time will the firework thing happen?" I asked.
"Just a few more minutes." Kurapika said and I nodded in response.

I remembered what leorio and I talked about just a while ago. Should I really confess before it's too late?

A/N 
I'm sorry for the late update- I worked on this a few days ago but I needed to think about it a little more.  Also I'm working on a lot of new stories rn and I might publish one when I finish it, I have 2-3 stories that I'm really excited about and I'm writing one already c: