back home from work (brett)

"you finally back home?" your boyfriend mutters out quietly.

not wanting to answer, you nod your head even though brett wasn't looking, fixated on the video he was currently editing.

hitting command and the S key, he leaves the laptop to save his work before greeting you, offering a small smile.

"hi brett," you mumble, eyelids drooping from the intense work you had gone through for the day. the other only can nod quietly, rubbing a warm hand up and down your back to at least provide some comfort.

"go take a shower first, i'm sure it'll freshen you up before sleeping."

"okay."

by the time you're out of the bathroom, brett's already cozied up on your bed, with blankets pulled up to his neck.

with a pat, he beckons you to sit down beside him. gently, he begins to dry your hair, running through the strands diligently.

you hum softly, leaning into his touch while the hairdryer provides stagnant white noise.

"how was work?"

"tiring. the client wants us to get 200 pieces done before thursday so we're making sure they're up and done by then."

brett sighs at that, having his own fair share of demanding parents who wished to see progress in the violin classes he used to teach.

"there's another long day tomorrow," you pout, stopping your boyfriend's hands so you could hold them.

the hairdryer halts in second, one side of your hair left to air dry instead.

"babe, c'mon, we'll need to finish drying your hair."

you shake your head, "no, no, it's okay, i-"

"(y/n)..."

facing him, you pout as hard as you can, snuggling into your boyfriend's musical notation jumper.

"pleeeaase?"

brett can only groan, turning away from your pleads as he unplugs the hairdryer, turning off the ceiling light while he was at it.

your tired grin shines through, muttering out a "yes!" while the other could only stifle a laugh.

"goodnight, love."

"goodnight brett, love you."

by then, your breaths were quick to even out, prompting one last kiss and a squeeze of your hands, "i love you more."