the sun and the moon (brett)

"you have so much infatuation with the moon that it's endearing to watch," brett walks into the room, having just ended a practice session for eddy's sibelius.

you jump a little from the intrusion, halting your illustration for just a little as you turn back to meet your boyfriend's gaze.

"how long have you been there?"

brett grins and shrugs, "it's a secret."

you roll your eyes, naturally welcoming the other's presence as he situates himself beside you. "she's beautiful, of course i'd be inspired by the moon," there's a gentle smile on your face as you rest on brett's torso.

eddy calls for brett, albeit faintly, as the younger sets up the filming space for yet another video.

"go."

brett smiles, ruffling a bit of your hair before heading to the living room. the departure of the other leaves you back alone with the moon, fuelling a flurry of neutral colours across your canvas

that night, when you're back in brett's arms, you're watching the moon again from the warm sheets. the moonlight seeps into the room and dances across the other's face, although minimal.

among the high-rise buildings, however, the moon hides herself behind them, her rays cut off by the concrete.

"why do you like the moon so much?"

you shrug, playing with the strings of brett's hoodies while you gather your thoughts. turning around, your eyes meet the floating rock, expecting a goddess staring back at you.

but it's just the same old moon.

"maybe because we know so little about it, yet, we're so familiar because we see it every night. people on the other side of the world see it, and i see it."

brett's smile only grows when you continue to describe your love for the moon.

"nah, never mind, i don't wanna ramble. you have an early morning tomorrow," you shyly quieten down, looking to your phone to set some alarms for the livestream.

"we're all connected?" the boy voices out, "you said we all see it when it's night time. there's the unspoken sense of connection when we look at the moon."

the corners of your lips turn up, happy that he remembers what you told him before.

"i am your boyfriend, y'know. i'll remember what you tell me, hey."

a grin appears as he says that, speechless that you opt for hiding your face in his neck.

"sleep, moon-lover." you laugh at brett's comment, pressing a kiss to neck in response.

"would that make you apollo then? since your surname's yang..." he does his signature eye-roll, although he has more tolerance for your jokes than eddy's.

"that's very lame, now go to sleep."

"goodnight mr yang," you whisper with a giggle, finding his hand to hold for the night.

-

ahahhs sorry i keep writing about goodnight scenarios i just rlly love the intimacy that ppl have when going to sleep <3