Part 24

PLAY: daylight by matt and kim

We were here. In London at the Wembley stadium. We walked through the dim hallway to be blasted by light as the sun shown upon the whole stadium. It was so huge. This enormous stadium, and the boys beside me were about to play on the stage for thousands of screaming girls. I couldn’t believe it, and I would help them backstage with picking their outfits. I suddenly got nervous. What if they hated their outfits. I started to bit my lip nervously only to feel Luke’s eyes on me. He was walking right next to me with his guitar in its case at his side. I had looked up to see that he indeed was looking at me. Why?

He met my gaze with a comforting smile. That’s why he was looking at me, he was reading me. He could tell I was nervous so he sent me a comforting smile. Man, I’d have to get used to him watching me. It was going to be a hard transition judging by my squirming under his gaze which had turned into a stare now. He was in a daze. Looking at me. Me. What?

I gave him a confused look back and we both started to giggle making Ashton give us a suspicious look back. We chuckled for a bit but my breath hitched as he took my hand and squeezed it tight. Luke was nervous too, and I didn’t blame him. This place was so big. I couldn’t imagine having to perform in front of these many people.

The crowd began to grow. There were at least 100 girls out there screaming the boys names. Luke was in his own corner listening to music looking very relaxed. How? I went over to him to call him into the dressing room for him to start getting ready. I tapped him on the shoulder and he opened his eyes and stood up as he took his earbuds out.

“Ready?” I asked taking a step back motioning towards the dressing room.

“Yeah” Luke said shakily. It was all really an act he put up. In the real he was scared and nervous. As we walked to the dressing room I could hear him taking deep breaths trying to calm down. I luckily wasn’t nervous anymore. I had taken the last two hours researching band clothing and styles and looking back through my many notes from fashion school. I had picked out the best outfit for Luke with of course a lot of black. He had his trademark black jeans with a rip in the knee and black vans with a t-shirt I had had designed specifically for my debut with 5sos. Many of my fans had been tweeting me and following 5sos just to see my fashion growth and I had to make the first one good.