Part 28

“GIVE IT UP FOR HOPIE!!!!” Ashton yelled as the crowd erupted into cheers and it was just all so much for me to take. I was happy, nervous, and eager to get off stage but also really thankful for these amazing people who cheered for me. I could really feel my skin tingling from the heat. To top it off all the boys gave me a big group hug and as they went back Luke never really let go. Instead he held me closer to himself holding my waste as he said..

“Doesn’t she look beautiful?!” he yelled obviously making them scream even louder than before.

Why was he doing this? I panicked, doesn’t he know this will make it only worse, I thought as I looked down at my wrists. There was literal fire coursing through my veins as I looked up to Luke as scared as ever. Then I realized what he was doing. He had used the distraction of the crowd and their cheers to lean in.

“hold your locket” he whispered. I looked down at my glowing veins and quickly held my locket. Suddenly I felt relieved and the big lump in my throat disappeared. I looked at my veins as I saw all of the glowing fire from them melt into the locket causing the once sparkly black flame turn to a bright ember red. I then realized. This is what the locket was for. It drained my anger from me. I looked back to my veins and felt a weight lift off of my shoulder. I smiled back up at Luke finally feeling safe and happy. All the anger and stress that had been building inside of me ever since my birthday, suddenly disappeared.

I went back to my seat feeling like the luckiest girl in the world. Okay. Calm down I thought to myself as I tried to hide my enormous smile. The whole idea of me never having to worry about this was the best one I’d had in a while.

The rest of the concert went by in a blur as I couldn’t even be brought back to sense I was so happy with Cat right beside me and my friends on the stage rocking out. My head was swirling and I never wanted this to end. I suddenly got a bubble in my throat and a giggle escaped my mouth just thinking about it. It was like a drug. Wait. What? Was this an effect of the necklace? I started to focus on coming back to reality but failed as another wave of good vibes literally filled my body again. I looked down at the flame in my locket and saw blue waves that glowed over the burning red flame. Each times the waves rolled over the red flame, I would feel the calm but happy feelings. It was literally the necklace that was cooling me down. I started to wonder what this meant. Was it a bad thing? My worries soon faded again as the blue wave swept over the embers one again and I was pulled back into the blur of the concert and dancing around like no one was watching. I didn’t really want to worry anyway, I convinced myself. Plus, why would Luke want to hurt me. It was just little Lukey.  He was my bestest friend in the whole wide world! I giggled again feeling the coolness from within me. It was like I was drunk almost. Whatever, thought, I’m just here to rock out. “WWhOOOO!!” I screamed as the concert went on, making Cat laugh at me. The only time she’d ever seen me like this was when she fed me oreos.