Part 31

HOPE POV:

“Think of something stronger. Dig deep. The happiest memory you have. The calmest moment you have. When you were so safe you didn’t want to move.” Luke said in a calm voice.

I thought of all my happy memories. But that only made things worse as they brought emotion to me like excitement. Then I thought really hard.

“Does it have to be happy. Can it just be a strong memory? Like where I feel safe.”

“Yeah..sure. what ever you think will help” he said

It was when I was in a terrible mood. Crying and a mess. It was the night Luke performed at my house. I could feel his arms wrap around me in a tight hold. I nuzzled my face into his chest and I couldn’t imagine a more safe place.

I opened my eyes to see a tired and stressed out Luke giving me a weak smile.

“You did it” he said as I looked around to see the flames and my skin flushed with the heat. The flames didn’t burn me. Instead they made my skin tan and gave it a glow almost like my golden tears. I looked at Luke and he chuckled

“What?” I said obviously exhausted

“Nice hair hothead”

“Wait. What?” I asked confused as Luke pulled out the camera on my phone from my clutch he’d managed to grab when we left.

My face literally shined of golden tears but I looked into it to see my hair reddish blond. This made my blue eyes stand out. I looked so different. But it was a good different. I kind of liked it.

 I felt like a completely new person. New hair. New power. New control for that power. New look on Luke. How was I supposed to feel about him.

“Luke”

“yeah?”

“What are we exactly?”

“Whatever you want us to be really. I’m just here to help you with your powers”