Chapter 6: Getting close to the end

Error had decided to walk in a direction and see if he could find a way out.

The ghost looking Nightmare stayed by him.

They walked in silence for quite a while. The only sounds they heard was dead grass and leaves crunching under Error's feet. Every so often a bird would chirp.

Then, a gunshot was heard. Error and Night flinched: Error quickly looked where the sound had come from.

Suddenly, everything went black.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Nightmare hid in his room for most of the day.

Cross told the others about what had happened.

"So, you're telling me that Nightmare had been changed to his past self?!" Killer yelled out.

Cross only nodded. Dust seems like he might know something.

"Well, I do remember him telling me something about his past. I sadly don't remember because it was so long ago," Dust said.

Cross looked at Dust with a crazy look. "Wait what?!" Cross yelled out.

Dust nodded then said, "Yeah, he told me what had happened in his past and what had happened after eating an apple."

"Did an apple really cause him to have goop on his bones?" Horror asked.

Dust nodded again then said, "Yeah, it was a really strange kind of apple too."

"He said it was a black apple," Cross added.

"Black apples and golden apples..." Dust quietly said to himself. Suddenly, he remembered what Nightmare had told him.

"You ok?" Killer asked Dust.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Dust said. "I actually remember what Night had told me."

They all looked at Dust with curiosity.

"He had told me something about Dream when he was attacking the villagers."

"What was it?" Horror asked.

Then, they heard someone come down the stairs.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Error opened his eyes to see he was floating in some kind of black void.

He looked around confused. He wasn't sure what was going on.

Then, there was a low chuckle that was heard.

He looked in the direction it had come from. He widened his eyes, shocked at what he was looking at.

"Long time no see E2."

Error stayed silent. He wasn't even sure what to do. He didn't know if he should try to run away or just stay in place.

"Staying silent I see, it seems like you remember me. And here I thought I wiped your memory of me," the scientist spoke.

"...I didn't remember until recently," Error quietly said.

"Still have that quiet tone in your voice I see."

Error just stayed quiet. This caused the scientist to laugh a little.

Error couldn't help but get a very off vibe from him. Something didn't feel right.

Obviously the scientist looked different from when he was performing tests on Error and his brother. His body seemed to maintain its shape but as for his face, it was dripping a little, like he'd injected himself with determination.

"You know, your brot- I mean G1, he was a much better test subject than you were."

Error just stayed quiet. Something had made him feel tired. Maybe that tiredness had come from staying awake all the time, or possibly trying to search for answers he didn't know he was looking for. Probably both actually.

"Also, I wasn't planning on you hearing voices and having your bones dark."

Error scoffed then said, "Yeah right."

"No really, I was actually trying to inject you with something that makes you resistant to pain and-"

"You mean immoratal?"

"Yes.."

There was silence between the two. Then the scientist spoke again.

"You always were smart. Sometimes smarter than G1. It seemed like you were always one step ahead of me."

"I was just doing what I could to get out of that damned cage you put myself and my brother in."

There was more silence. Suddenly, there was a pull Error could feel.

It felt like he was being pulled out of this void.

He saw himself drift away from the scientist.

All he could see now was a bright white.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Night looked at his gang with hate. He had remembered what had happened after his corruption.

He was pissed. He wanted to punch one of them in the face. He wanted to see blood or see one of them knocked out.

"Hey, you ok?" Horror asked.

Nightmare looked at him then said, anger in his tone, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sound angry. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Night didn't say anything. He just stood up and walked to where Cross was sitting.

Cross looked at him then asked, "You ok boss?"

Night balled his fists tightly then threw a punch at Cross's face. Cross didn't have enough time to block it, he just had to deal with the pain it had left.

He rubbed the side of his face where Night had punched.

"Why did you do that?" Cross asked, looking at Nightmare.

Night didn't say anything, he just tightened his fists, wanting to punch Cross more.

Night began to throw more punches at Cross. Quickly Killer and Horror had pulled Night away from Cross.

"What the hell! Let me go!" Night yelled out sounding really pissed.

Suddenly, Dust came up behind Nightmare and hugged him from behind.

"Why the hell are you guys being so damn soft?! Stop it! It's disgusting!" Night yelled out once more.

Dust had a feeling what might calm him down. Helooked at Horror and Killer, nodding to them.

"What do you mean by that?" Horror asked.

"Let go of him," Dust said.

"You sure?" Killer asked.

Dust nodded, tightening his grip on Night.

Both Horror and Killer had let go of Night,

Dust quickly turned Night around, making Night face Dust.

Dust tightly hugged Night, resting his head on Nights'.

Dust could feel Night by squirming, but soon had calmed down.

He felt Night bury his face into his chest. Soon they could hear soft cries from him.

Dust moved his head off of Nights', then began to gently pet his head.

"Shh, it's ok, let it out," Dust quietly said.

Night looked at him then said, "I miss my brother. I don't want him to fight me like he had in the past."

Tears were streaming down Night's face. Dust had never seen him cry till this very day. None of the gang actually.

Night continued to cry for most of the day, Dust doing his best trying to comfort the purple cladded skeleton.