Chapter 3: The crystal

It was yet again, another day. Error was so drained from the loss of sleep. He practically was dragging his ass around. Today, he was planning on grabbing one of those crystals.

He knew it probably was a bad idea but, he never seen anything like it. He decided to sneak downstairs before the voice told him to 'wake up'. He quietly just made it downstairs and now is heading to the kitchen.

He made it to the kitchen and now to the basement. He had reached the door and was about to open it but, he quickly heard a voice, "Error, Error, why are you already awake?"

Error silently gulped feeling fear rise within him. "I..uhh, I wanted to look at the tree again," Error said, not totally lying.

The voice was silent for a while then spoke again, "Ok..but you saw it yesterday. Wasn't it enough to see it yesterday?" He let out a sigh then said, "I wanted to look at the crystals again."

"Ahh, that's why but no. I can't let you do that." He was slightly shocked. 'Huh, well, maybe the voices know what I was planning. Shit, I wanted to...never mind' Error thought.

"You probably were planning on grabbing the crystal and leaving," the voice said in a cold tone. Error shivered as he felt like eyes were watching him. He was getting...scared. 'The hell is going on?' Error asked himself.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Science took Nightmare to a different room. This room wasn't his but, it does have to deal with him.

"Alright, this machine is gonna let us see what he is seeing," Sci said pointing to what looks like a tv.

"It looks like a tv. You probably hooked up a different machine to it so we could see," Nightmare said looking around.

Science nodded as he went over to a machine. He clicked some buttons then flipped a lever.

The tv turned on, Nightmare looked at the tv to see something. He couldn't tell what it was because the screen was really fuzzy. Easy way to put it, tv static.

Sci walked over to the tv and clicked some buttons on the back of it. That helped the screen become clearer.

Nightmare continued to look at the screen. From what he could tell, it was a kitchen.

Then he saw someone walk into that kitchen. He knew this skeleton, he just couldn't place the name of him.

'Well, this is really interesting. I've never seen anything like this,' Nightmare thought into himself.

"Ok, I got it to work. You see him on the screen right?" Sci asked Nightmare. Night nodded as he looked at Sci then back at the screen.

Sci stood by him as both of them looked at him. You could basically see the skeleton starting to shake.

Then he held his hands up to his skull and yelled something out. "Huh, audio still doesn't work," Sci told himself.

'Why does he seem so familiar? He was dark boned like I was but, he had ****** covering his bones," Night described to himself. Sci walked back over to the machines to fix something as Night continued to watch the screen.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Error held his head as the voices got louder. He screamed out for help but like usual..no one came.

He felt like he was being stared at. He held his hands on his skull trying to block out the voices but that was no use.

He couldn't take it any longer. He quickly stood up and ran over to the basement door. He broke the door down and hurried down the stairs.

"What are you doing?!" a voice yelled at him. "Stop him before he get to the crystals!" another voice yelled.

Error clearly was trying to hurry to the crystals. He ran as fast his legs would let him. He quickly reached the tree.

He jumped up and grabbed the dark blue crystal. He smiled as he wasn't affected by touching it. He looked up and found another one.

It was a dark cyan. He hopped up and grabbed that one too. With that done, he hurried out of there. He saw nothing blocking his way.

He raced up the stairs and busted the door down to outside. He smiled as it wasn't bright outside yet. It was still quite dark as it was four almost five in the morning.

He ran as fast has he could into that forest, even if it gave him chills, he still ran.

He was so done with that place, he just wanted to be free. Now, let's see if he'll be free.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Nightmare slightly jumped as he could hear sound now. "Finally got it to work," Sci said aloud to himself. He looked at the screen to see the skeleton running.

The skeleton was huffing and puffing as he ran.

Night looked as he saw the skeleton get to a strange tree. He saw him grab two crystals and ran back.

Then they heard a voice yelling, "Get him before he escapes!" Then another voice yelling, "We tried!" "Well try harder!" "We don't have physical bodies! That's why we kept him here so we can take over his!"

Night was shocked, "Whoever that was, they wanted to take over his body." "That makes sense actually," Sci said, getting Night's attention.

"Huh?" Night said clearly confused. "Remember I told you that his mental being is away from his physical being?" Sci asked Night. Night hummed then said, "Yeah, I remember that. I believe I understand what you're getting at actually."

"Oh?" "So, those people..well, voices are basically trying to take over his body. That means if you found out that his body is detaching from his mental being that means that their plan is working...to some extent."

Science nodded and said, "Yeah, you're spot on. So, if those voices continue with what they're doing, they'll take over his body...wait.." "Wait what?" Night asked, a bit confused.

"If those voices take over his body, does that mean he'll be 'awake'? And his mental being stuck in whatever land that is."

Nightmare froze, he hadn't thought of that happening. 'Why him? He already has gone through a lot. He doesn't need anymore of this happening,' Night thought.

"We need to help him out in some kind of way or can we?" Night asked, getting worried. Sci hummed and looked at the screen before saying, "Right now he basically left that house. That means he might be able to come back...possibly, I'm not sure yet.

As for your question, I doubt we can help him unless we are with his mental being. At most what we can do is hope and pray he'll be with us."

Nightmare looked down, he was hoping for a better answer but this is still all so new. Nothing like this has happened before, so there's not much research about it.

Night looked back at the screen and saw the skeleton running to the forest. As that skeleton did, the tv got covered with static. He sighed then said quietly, "Please be ok and stay with us so you can wake up."