Chapter 9: A bright white door

Error and Ink looked at each other. They didn't say anything. Just stared at each other.

"Error?" Ink asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah?"

"I never noticed your eyelights are different colors. It amazes me."

A light blue coated Error's cheekbones. He was shocked to get a complement. He never got complements. It was a rare treat to get one actually.

Error just stayed silent for a few moments before saying, "We've been fighting each other for years and you somehow never noticed?"

"I think I did but I don't think I took the time to look at them."

There was silence once more. That's the only thing that seemed to fill the air, silence.

There were no trees rustling around in the wind. No leaves crunching under the skeletons weight. There wasn't even wind.

The silence was kinda like the same silence the AntiVoid produced.

"So," Ink started. "How are we going to get out of here?"

Error lightly shrugged, looking at the floor then his hands on his lap.

"I don't know. Sooner or later we'll find a way, it'll probably take a while."

Ink stood up, causing Error to look at him again.

"How about we start searching now and see if we find something?" Ink asked.

Error stood up the said, "It's not like we have anything else better to do."

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Some doctors, Night, and Dust were in Error's room, looking at him carefully.

They weren't sure if he actually was going to wake up or if he was saying and/or doing these final things before dying off.

It scared Night, he just wanted to see his friend wake up. Night sighed softly then faced Dust.

Dust looked at him then asked, "You ok?"

Night just looked at him. He didn't have anything to say other than repeating himself. He wasn't sure how or what to do.

Dust looked at Night his expression turning into a concerned one.

"How about we get some sweets then come back?" Dust asked.

Night lightly nodded, staying silent. Dust led him out of the room, letting doctors do their check ups and such on Error.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Error and Ink had been walking for what had felt like hours. They kept walking and walking.

Quickly, Ink started complaining about his legs being sore from walking.

"Error, my legs hurt. Can we sit for a few minutes or something," Ink complained to Error for the hundredth time.

Error sighed then said, "I suppose but after we have to keep walking after we sit."

Ink gave Error a nod before they stopped. Ink quickly sat down then Error followed in line.

They sat across from each other. They didn't say or do much. It was silent which Error didn't mind.

"So," Ink started. "How and when do you think we'll get back?"

Error sighed slightly annoyed to hear Ink's annoying voice but said, "I don't know. I've been stuck here for who knows how long. I bet we'll be stuck here for the rest of our lives."