Chapter 7: Chaos and destruction

Error sat up feeling a bit dizzy. He put his hand on his skull and looked around.

He didn't recognize the place he was at. It was some kind of forest.

This forest was different from the one he was in.

He realized he didn't see the ghost Nightmare by him. He quickly felt his pockets to not feel the crystals.

Suddenly, there was a stinging pain like his ribs had been shattered.

He put one hand on his chest and looked up. He only saw the leaves of the trees, it was blocking most of the sunlight.

He only saw a little bit of blue meaning it was till day time.

He took in deep breaths as the pain seized. He didn't hear anything. There was no sound. He couldn't hear anything, not even his own breaths.

Suddenly, passing out.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Night had calmed down but he was deeply worried about Error as he hadn't seen him in the past few days.

Dust decided to go with him.

They had arrived at the hospital that Sci had worked in. They walked through the halls to Error's room.

Dust lightly knocked on the door then waited for someone to open it. Quickly, the door open revealing Sci.

"Oh, hi Dust and..who are you kid?" Sci said, looking at Night with curiosity.

"Don't talk to me like I'm a kid. It's me Nightmare."

Sci looked at Dust with confusion then said, "That's Nightmare?"

Dust nodded then said, "Yeah, something had happened to him to look like his past self."

"Oh ok, you guys come in. There's something I need to tell you that's good but also bad news," Sci said, letting them into the room.

They both walked into the room and were a bit impatient of what Sci had to say.

Sci closed the door then said, "How about sit down first before I tell you both."

Both Night and Dust sat down. Sci grabbed a chair with wheels and sat down on it. He sat in front of the two impatient skeletons.

"Which news do you want to hear first?" Sci asked.

"How about the good news," Nightmare said.

Sci teleported a clipboard to his hands: he adjusted his glasses then said, "Well, first of all, Error is doing well. For a while, he was scaring us."

"Like how?" Dust asked, worry in his voice.

"That's where the bad news comes in. I hadn't been able to connect that screen that helps me see what's going on in his mind but, something is going on. It's his soul rate...it keeps dropping."

Night's eyelights dilated, he was stunned. His worst fear had become a reality. Error might not make it out alive from that coma.

"Is he ok though?" Dust asked, sounding more worried.

Night stayed silent as he was put into shock from what he'd heard.

"Yes, from seeing his vials a few minutes ago, he's ok. We just have to keep a close watch on him."

Suddenly, there was some loud beeping.

Sci looked at the direction to another door. He quickly got up, dropping his clipboard, and ran to the door.

Night and Dust following right behind.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Error breathed heavily as he quickly picked up a Glock 43 off of the ground.

Bang.

He quickly went into a bush as he heard many shots of different rifles and guns from left and right.

Bang.

Bang.

He heard screams. They weren't the same. Some were out of pain, others out of insanity, and lastly, others who are trying to survive this hell hole.

Error's clothes were torn up. He lost his scarf while running, his jacket basically not one any more, and his shirt was ripped up, exposing his scarred ribs and spine. Oh and his flip flops, he had lost them and they had been broken anyways.

He looked around at his surroundings and saw someone collapse, blood pouring out of them.

He heard a cold chuckle as he heard someone walking towards him.

Suddenly, it had stopped. Error quickly stood up and fired the Glock at the person, having his eyes shut.

Error slowly opened his eyes to see he had shot the main man who was murdering everyone.

He had a feeling that he was going to survive that shot and just playing dead.

Error aimed his gun at the man and was about to fire it when he heard a familiar voice.

"Error? What are you doing?"

Error looked and saw...his adoptive mother. He was afraid, he won't forget what she had done to him.

He cocked the gun and fired it at the man on the ground making sure he was dead. He had shot him in the head. Blood seeping out of it.

Error looked and saw his adoptive mother's figure fade away.

"I knew she wasn't real, like how I am. How is this even a reality of what I'm living.."

Error paused what he was saying. He looked at the gun then looked around.

He decided to go South and continue to talk to himself.

"How is this a reality? All I wanted was to have fun with friends...and my brother. I want to see others I know...and not some stupid masochist or sadist."

Error paused again as he continued to walk. He continued walking in silence before speaking again.

"So, if this is truly it, then that must mean that this world has come to its end and is getting ready to get its revenge on everyone. I was the one who was trying to save them. It was that stupid Ink who caused this shit in the first place

How stupid does he really need to be when he sees the world, unfold into this chaos called the end.

Like an end of a story...nothing lasts forever...only death is the true answer here.."

Error stopped in place. He looked at the gun in his hand again. He sighed softly as he cocked it then aimed it to his head.

Bang...