14: secret santa

TW: there is some smut in this chapter!
Also, I couldn't find a good song for this chapter so hopefully this works if y'all actually listen to them!

Having the day off was a godsend. The only stressful thing happening today is buying everyone gifts, along with secret Santa. Waking up at 10:30, you manage to get ready for the day rather quickly, just throwing on an oversized shirt. Heading into the kitchen for a cup of water, an incoming call pops up. Furry friend. Penelope speaks before you can manage to say hello.

"We're going shopping for everyone today, absolutely no exceptions," she insists as you sigh. Rubbing your forehead lightly as to not hit your cut, you take a deep breath.

"PG I almost died yesterday and I was told to take it easy for a few days," you speak as you sip your water.

"Shopping isn't a very hard task... be there in thirty!" She hangs up instantly. Setting your phone down, you head back into your room to put on a proper outfit. Grabbing a maroon tank top, you pair it with a leather jacket and black high waisted jeans, adding a pair of black high top converse. Heading into the bathroom, you start up the curling iron before checking yourself out.

This'll be warm enough, right? Eh I don't really care.

Just as you finish your hair, Penelope buzzes to your apartment. Scurrying to the speaker, you let her know it'll only be another minute. All that's left is grabbing your bag, and making sure the curling iron is unplugged. Heading out of the apartment, you make your way to Penelope's car before hopping in and setting down your bag.

"What are you going to get for Hotch?" She asks as you buckle in. Pushing the hair out of your face you shake your head softly.

"I'm not entirely sure... I'm thinking- wait you'll definitely tell him, won't you?" You chuckle quietly as she pulls out of the parking spot.

"Yeah probably. I'm not sure why I can't keep secrets; it's always been that way," she says joining in with laughter. The next twenty minutes to the mall are a bit loud, singing songs whilst laughing the entire time. Arriving at the mall, you grab your bag and step out of the car before walking through the entrance.

"I want to go separate if that's okay. I don't want-" you note as Penelope stops you.

"Sugar it's okay, I get it! I probably would blah eventually. We'll meet back here in three hours... that should be enough time, right?" Penelope asks as you nod with a smile. Hugging her quickly, you head off to a special store first, going to the specific part. Heading inside, the employee greets you with a smile before walking to the back of the store.

Looking around at all of the toys, you run your hand along each item, causing them to sway lightly. Taking the item off of the shelf you walk to the counter, placing the it on the counter with no embarrassment.

"Having some fun tonight?" The man asks with a smirk. All you can think is to give him a dirty look, but instead you laugh and politely state it's for a friend. He hands the bag over as you take it, giving a final smile before walking out of the store.

"Next... where to next?" You mumble to yourself looking around at all the stores. Soon enough, you walk over to bath and body works to buy a few things for the girls. Shifting around through the store and smelling each scent, your nose starts to hurt. After fifteen minutes, you place everything on the counter, watching the employee scan each item. You bought a lotion, body wash, and candle for JJ, Emily, and Penelope, all of the scents correlating with their personalities. Grasping the bag, you flash a smile at the cashier giving a small 'thank you' before heading to the next store.