Chapter 47

Thursday

He has been up for the past hour and the cover on his face has still not been removed. He is having difficulty breathing because the material was that thick.

In the past hour he was able to piece together everything.

He knows he is somewhere, were no one will ever find him, let alone hear him scream. He knows they finally found him and he knows he is going to die. He doesn't know when, but he knows it's going to be a painful death.

He made a run for the airport. He had all his documents and he was going to start afresh somewhere else. He thought he was safe at the airport, he thought even if they found him, there wasn't much they would do at the airport, because i mean, it's the airport. There were too many people and too much surveillance. But he underestimated them, very very much.

He never thought that they would kidnap him in front of so many people and cameras. Knowing the Zulu's, the entire airport was most probably staged, every single person in that airport was paid to be there, he bets the CCTV footage wasn't even enabled in the first place. They are that powerful.

His intention was to kill him. He was never supposed to have survived that car crash, and now, they searched for him until he found him.

He wonders how his uncle is going to react when he sees that its him on this chair.

He knew that eventually, this was going to happen, and he was ready.

He hears movement in the room. They were here.

"Unmask him." he hears Nkosinathi say to someone.

The person walks a couple of steps before the mask is roughly removed from his face. He inhales deeply before preparing to adjust his eyes to the light.

He opens his eyes looking down, blinking once or twice before he starts looking around the room.

The first person he looks at is his uncle, the mask still in his hand looking at him wide-eyed, shocked out of his wits to see him here.

He doesn't react.

He turns his head and he sees Nkosinathi, a man he has never seen before that strongly resembles Nkosinathi and Melusi.

Again, he doesn't react, not even a trace of fear on his face. He is ready.

The room is dimly lit. He is sitting on a chair and either side of his arms are on tied on the arm rests, while his legs are tied together as well.

There's a steel table that Melusi is sitting on, with two hoodies and a variety of weapons that he could die from, next to him. On the chair is the man he doesn't know.

Thomas walks to stand next to Mr. Zulu who is sitting down looking at him.

Thomas is still in shock.

"Yea Lebogang." Mr. Zulu says leaning back on the chair.

He doesn't say anything.

"Before anything, i want to know where you got the nerve to do what you did." he says in a low dangerous voice.

Thomas gives him the same look. He wants to know why.

When Nkosinathi had found out that Lebogang was the one behind the crash, Mthobisi gave him the 'i told you so' look. Nkosinathi couldn't believe that one of his very own workers would do such a thing, not when he treats them like family.

According to Melusi, Thomas had come to him asking if there was a vacant available for his nephew and he remembered Nxumalo mentioning needing more security for Hailee and Phiwe. His job was to be Hailee's body guard without her knowing that he exists.