Chapter 9

Her phone has been off the hook ever since the incident that happened at Nxumalo's place. He hadn't stopped calling and texting her, apologising and begging to explain everything to her. It's been an entire week and she was still ignoring him.

An entire week without talking to him was complete torture, for both of them really, and crazy thoughts ran across her mind. However she finally felt ready to face him. She then grabs her phone and sends him a text message.

Hailee: We need to talk.

Within seconds, she gets a reply.

Nxumalo: That's all i ever wanted. Tell me where and when.

***

In the evening

She gets out of the car and makes her way into the restaurant. She tries to look for his signature haircut but doesn't find it.

Suddenly, a waitress approaches her. "Evening Ms. Blake." she says politely with a smile.

"Yes?" Hailee doesn't understand what's going on.

"Mr. Zulu has asked me to accompany you to the private area upstairs."

Hailee widens her eyes and starts slightly panicking.

Why did he want a private area? What's he planning? I chose a restaurant because it's a public place, but again, he's Nxumalo Zulu. He'll always get what he wants.

"Follow me."

Hailee absent-mindlessly follows behind her as they make their way into the quieter, more secluded part of the expensive restaurant.

She spots him at one of the tables and she does a double take. He is looking gloriously handsome and she finds herself drooling at the sight of him. He is on the phone as usual, however he doesn't notice her, luckily for her she could still drool for a couple more minutes.

He finally acknowledges her presence and he stares at her admiringly. They were having a moment, one like the first time they laid eyes on each other.

He doesn't even say goodbye to the person on the other line properly, he shoves his phone in his pocket and stands to greet her, his eyes never leaving hers.

She finally comes back to her senses and walks closer to the table and he pulls a chair for her and she hesitantly sits. They are now looking at each other and there's a brief silence.

Nxumalo clears his throat lightly and smiles at her.

"Hi."

"Hi." she replies trying hard to ignore the butterflies in her stomach.

There's silence again. She looks around the place slowly. She was counting the number of exists. The only way, is downstairs yet again. The are only two other tables but they are hardly noticeable. There are three cameras here, but at weird angles.

She suddenly hears chuckling. She directs her attention back at him and he is pouring her a glass of champagne. She didn't even notice the waitress until she was walking away.

"If you're planning escape routes then you must think im some sort of serial killer Ms. Blake." he says coolly.

She is embarrassed that she got caught but she doesn't let him see that. She's stone cold.

He sighs.

"Baby, i dont know what's going through your mind right now, but i can guarantee you that it's not what you think."