Chapter 18

The following morning, Hailee wakes up naked next to the love of her life, it was his birthday today.

They were flying back home at 09:15am since she didn't want to hog him. She was pretty sure Mrs. Zulu and her daughter-in-laws had something big planned for him.

She then gets a phone call from one of his brothers. She exited the room not to disturb him in his sleep.

"Melusi, hi, good morning."

"Morning. Is the birthday boy still sleeping?"

"He is."

She can practically hear his smirk. "You must have knocked him out than."

She chuckles but blushes, "Of course he is still sleeping, it's not even eight am yet."

"Both you and I know that Nxumalo's sleeping schedule is no different from a taxi driver's." he chuckles. "Must have been one hell of a birthday gift he got then." he laughs this time.

Hailee groans but blushes.

She and Melusi have developed a close brother and sister relationship in the past few years she's been with Nxumalo. Melusi was always the most welcoming out of all of them, and treated her like the little sister he's never had.

Melusi promised to drop Nxumalo and make him change his surname if ever he hurt her.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding." he says.

"Is'khati sok'phapha as'kashayi."

"Angidingi is'kati ke mina." he says chuckling lightly. "Anyway, where are you guys?"

"Guam."

He laughs again. "He had to be flown all the way to Guam for his birthday gift? Yesses that's why he is practically dead right now."

She shakes her head and groans louder, thereafter ends the call.

She walks back into their room and finds him awake. Her phone rings again and she knows it's Melusi so she ignores it.

"Someone's grumpy." he says.

"It's that brother of yours." she says as she climbs on the bed.

"Melusi?"

"Who else?"

Nxumalo chuckles. "Early kanje?"

"Can you imagine?"

"But leave me out of you and your brother's business. You practically destroyed our brotherhood."

She chuckles. "How is it my fault that you're easily replaceable?"

"Yikho baku phaphela."

She smiles innocently. Just then, Nxumalo's phone vibrates next to him.

"Speak of the devil." he says answering the phone and putting him on speaker.

"Vuka! Kunini ulele." Melusi says.

Nxumalo looks at Hailee. "That means happy birthday."

Melusi chuckles. "Am I on speaker? Is she with you? Sis' wam?" he calls out.

"Mxm." she says and gets out of bed to go take a shower.

Melusi chuckles again. "Askies!"

Nxumalo chuckles with him. "Uyenzeni?"

"Harmless teasing."

Nxumalo shakes his head. "Knowing you, you most probably asked her if we fucked."