Chapter 26

Khayalethu's POV

"Twenty four has never looked better." he says to himself smiling.

He recalls his brother's 24th birthday, and how he can confidently say, was the happiest he has ever seen him, other then witnessing his daughter's birth obviously.

Khayalethu and Nxumalo were only 2 years apart, but the way Khaya idolized him was unbelievable. He and Nxumalo were always mommy's boys, the soft boys, which made sense why he was always closer to him then he was with his other brothers.

Growing up, Nxumalo was loved by his father, something Khaya didn't get. He always thought that his father saw him as weak because Nxumalo was able to break away from being shielded by their mother and become his own man, and since that day, Khaya idolized him so that he too can be loved by his father.

I loved my brother more than anything on this earth, but it was heart wrenching to know that he loved someone else more than even me, and I envied that. He loved Hailee with his entire being and I wanted that so so badly.

I was smart, rich and Khayalethu Zulu for crying out loud, but still didn't have a girlfriend, well, a stable one. I was going to have kids when I'm like a hundred years old!

I wanted that Hailee and Nxumalo kinda love. The ride or die kinda love.

I've witnessed so many of their fights that I'm surprised how they are still together even now, never mind that, even have a child together. The most beautiful niece I have actually.

Sinabe lungu emdenini.

He chuckles to himself.

We have very strong genes. However, Phiwe looks exactly Hailee than Nxumalo. Like, you'd swear that wasn't his daughter.

Green eyes and all.

She was a year old now and she just gets more beautiful with every day that passes.

Speaking of such beauty, Hailee was twenty two now and this four year crush was just becoming ridiculous. I'm still more protective of her more than my other sister in laws but i love them all.

I loved them so much that I couldn't believe they talked me into running their errands for them.

Yaz everyone in this family treats me like that one gent who has to go buy ice at a braai all the time. Bayanya.

So that's how I ended up in the South, all the way from the North.

I enter this little garage with people sitting down, minding their own business.

This had better not take long.

I walk to the counter of some sort and speak to the lady behind it.

"Order for Zulu." I say getting straight to the point.

"Yes Mr. Zulu, I'll go get it right away."

I move away from the counter and take out my phone. It rings immediately and it's Buhle asking me when I'm coming back because the guests were starting to arrive.

I start walking God knows where as I speak on the phone, air pods in both ears while I text and send some documents to 'my boss.'

I suddenly bump into someone. A phone drops at my feet and the screen cracks badly.

"Oh my God!" she yells bending to grab her phone.

She rises and looks up at me, and all logic leaves me for a second before she loses her shit.

"Why don't you watch where you are fucken going?! Look at what you did to my phone!!"

She's livid.

I look at her phone, it was a nice looking Samsung and it looked like the newer versions, well not anymore.