Chapter 30

The lovely couple enters their home hand-in-hand.

"Dinner was beautiful baby, ngiyabonga." she says pecking his lips.

"You're welcome Pika." he says satisfied.

They head upstairs.

"Do remember our first argument?" he asks as he takes off her heels for her.

She covers her face. "Please don't."

He chuckles. "You remember?"

"How could I forget?"

He smiles. "Yesses, it was the first time seeing you that livid. You've never been that livid since that day actually."

They keep quiet and reflect back.

He grabs her hand and makes her sit on the bed. "I hate seeing you cry." he says seriously.

Nxumalo was talking about the long fight they had before he finally came clean about his true self.

"You know, I've seen a lot being with you, and you've also had your fair share of putting me through shit." she starts. "And I could handle that, and I know that I'm still going to handle more if not worse. But one thing I can't handle, is you lying to me. If you fucked up, I'd appreciate you telling it straight, instead of me having to hear it elsewhere."

He keeps quiet and listens to her, guilt eating away at him. Another window ignored.

She continues. "Nxumalo you know... you have two phones now, you answer most calls outside, you don't want me touching your phone, you're always traveling, always working. Once, the afternoon I came birth, I video called you and you were in an unfamiliar place, but you claimed you were in your office."

They look into each other's eyes, Nxumalo trying desperately not to show his guilt. Hailee sits on his lap and gently grabs his face.

"But baby, there's no doubt in my mind that you are loyal and faithful to me. I don't know, I might be stupid, but I know you love me with every fibre in you to even consider that. I don't know what's up with you nower days, you're closed off and it seems like you try to avoid me at all costs, but I hope you'll tell me eventually when you're ready."

He kisses her temple. "I've never pictured myself with anyone but you, and I'm not just saying that. You're a power house in my life, my queen. I'd never hurt you like that or hurt you period."

"I know Poké, and I hope I'm not being an idiot by believing you..."

He sees the seriousness in her eyes, so he changes to a lighter note. "You'd be an idiot not too."

She looks at him. "Zulu did you just call me an idiot?"

He looks shocked at first but somehow a laugh escapes his mouth. "I didn't say that."

"Yaz you called me an idiot." she says but in a playful tone. "Hehe lom'zulu." this zulu man.

He keeps laughing. "Why are you putting words in my mouth?"

"Ithi ngihambe before ngikuclapa." let me leave before I slap you. She says already on her feet.

He quickly stands and throws her back on the bed as he gets on top of her. The sudden action surprises her as she finds herself laughing while being pinned to the bed.

"Okay new memory." he says.

"And it better be good."

"You know the way you're laying on the bed right now, it reminds me of the way you were lying on my bed the day I 'kidnapped' you. Do you remember that day?"