「Chapter Eleven」

"It's just some stupid thing I have to deal with. Don't look into it."

Though Todoroki was usually disinterested in stuff like that, it certainly intrigued him. Something about the tone of her voice made it seem like she wanted to tell him, but didn't. With what he had analyzed of her Quirk, though it was minimal, he was certain that eyes changing color had nothing to do with her power.

He pondered for a moment but decided to let it go for the most part and see if anything had else would happen.

. . .

"Y/n!" Momo gasped, sprinting to the front door and tightly embracing her sister, "Where have you been?"

She weakly wrapped her arms back around her, "I just went for a walk to clear my thoughts. I'm sorry if I scared you."

A bit taken aback by her lack of sincerity, Momo pulled away and nodded, "Well if you want to talk to me just come to my room. I'll be studying."

Y/n nodded her head and put her hands in her pockets, not daring to make eye contact with either of her parents. She made her way to her room, locked the doors, and sat on her bed. This was certainly... some news that her mother had dropped on her. It didn't make sense. Stuff like that wasn't real, right?

"And why should I have to deal with that..?" Y/n mumbled to herself, alerting Lady.

"Look at the bright si-!"

"No." She quickly interrupted, "Does it even make sense to you that my parents wished to some magical beings, got all weirded out because I have a similar power, and now those creatures are gonna make me commit murder? Isn't that just a little weird to you? What bright side even is there?" Y/n chuckled to herself sarcastically, "Plus it doesn't really help your reasoning since I can talk to a literal bird."

Lady ruffled her feathers, her right side only been visible to Y/n, "I told you, it's just a story. She probably made it up to deal with you having a different Quirk or something."

"If it's true, then I can't risk it." She got up and stared at herself in the mirror, "I have to control whatever is going on within me." Y/n put her hair behind her ear and looked at Lady, "The only question is.. How?"

. . .

Aizawa opened the door, his bandages no longer on his face, "Morning." He said, the class all took their seats.

"Good morning!" Everyone said.

"Ribbit?" Tsuyu put her finger to her chin, "Mr. Aizawa, your bandages are gone. I'm glad."

"The old lady went overboard with her treatment. More importantly, we're having a special hero informatics class today." There was a moment of tense silence. "Code names." Aizawa finally said, "You'll be coming up with hero names." The loud people of the class class erupted in a cheer. Aizawa's eyes turned red, his hair floating up, silencing the class. "This is related to the pro hero drafts picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to the first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation."

"Adults are so selfish!" Mineta said.

"So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?" Hagakure asked.

"That's right." Aizawa said, "And here are the totals for those with offers." He took a remote and turned on a screen.

Class A No. of Offers