Chapter 2

Chapter

2

"Avieon"

I sat at my desk thinking why I fucked up so badly. I couldn't keep away from her. Invading my thoughts nightly...she was in my head. Her beautiful eyes, the way she moved. I'd watched her on a daily basis from the time she was of age. Being an ancient vampire, I knew the promise would come to me. If you waited decades, your promise would come. I watched time after time my promised one be taken from me.

Not this time.

This time I'd taken her myself to keep her safe. The boy, I left alive. I didn't want anyone to suspect. Humans were a nuisance to that when it came to finding their own. The best way for me to have taken her was after her job finished.

Fuckin' traitors. They were supposed to teach her, be there to educate her of her importance. Not only that, she was supposed to know me. She lived her life as a human and because of that, she leaned more to that part of her and so she decided. Regardless of the countless dreams I'd given her, she still decided. It could only mean she needed to be broken, lead and taught.

A smile couldn't be held as I looked at how beautiful she was. I ridded her of the clothing she had on, the scraps that made her believe she wasn't royal. I could barely contain myself as I placed the beautiful satin on her body made from the best of my own workers. Humans were weak...they couldn't travel the land within a blink of an eye to most, they had no magic or no strength for that matter. It took nothing for my vampires I created to do my biddings, whatever it was. I protected her for years...making sure she was saved from things that tried to claim my destiny.

She continued to sleep. I wondered if my power was too strong for her.

Sitting next to her bed, I caressed her cheek gently and leaned in to gather her scent. She smelled just as I had expected. I was only able to gather a hint from the small crack of the window she had allowed to be open at night. The light bathing her beautiful womanly curves, and how my fangs would ache to puncture her neck, her femoral artery with a little effort to extract her sweet blood, it was enough to make my cock hard for her.

"Master?"

I was interrupted from my symphony of thoughts of my queen by my tracker, Jes.

"Do not come unannounced, unless you wish to parish...a second death." I felt my blood at boiling point. They knew the rules but Jes always tried to test the waters.

Caressing my sweet goddess's cheek with the back of my hand, she moaned and adjusted her chest. My mouth watered once more, salivating with the urge to take her.

"Forgive me," she bowed earning my attention.

I slightly turned, able to see her fully. I was able to see very well, regardless. I wasn't just a normal vampire as I stated before. Ancient vampire kings had the ability to do many things. Gifts were plentiful until I was to meet my promised one. Once I mark her, make her mine, she would share them with me.

"Many of the others and me are wondering when we will get to meet the queen."

"Get out. She isn't ready." I stood and felt her flinch from my distance from her body. Already, she was growing to want me. If she was awake, she wouldn't be able to resist me and me, her. It would be little to no effort in taking her in my bed; she would crave me as all women did, no matter the species. Giving that she was mine, it would be very hard for her to resist.

"Yes, Master, I'm sorry." Jes mumbled barely able to keep her speech. She knew the consequences of disobeying me. She was lucky I had promised her father, the most loyal servant I had, that I would care for her after his death.