Chapter 3: New Greenie

~Y/n P.O.V.~

It's been three years since I came to the glade. Today was the day a new greenie would come up. I'm still the only girl here. Every month, I always wish for the greenie to be a girl, but it's always been more and more boys.

I've basically lost hope, by now.

Currently, I just left Gally to go hang out with Chuck. I promised they boy, I'd spend some time with him, since I had a day off. Gally wanted me with him, but I never break my promises, especially to Chuck. He was like my little brother.

After a couple minutes of talking with the boy, the box alarm went off. Signaling the new greenie was coming up soon. We all ran to the box, waiting for a couple minutes. I stood in-between Newt and Chuck. Gally was a couple feet away.

Finally, the box came up. A couple boys opened up the cage, revealing... yep...

Another boy.

Gally slowly walked down, before jumping into the box, getting right in the greenie's face.

"Day one, greenie. Rise and shine." I heard him say.

Just then, he grabbed the boy by the collar, tossing him out of the box, resulting in the greenie landing on his side. All the gladers crowded the new boy, exchanging words.

"He looks like a slopper to me."

"I could use some help in the kitchen."

I stood in the back, peaking over the boys shoulders. Finally, I caught a glimpse of him. While I was looking at him, he met my e/c eyes, and they widened. Mine widened a little bit, too.

He looked exactly like the boy from my dreams...

All of a sudden, the greenie pushed through the crowd of boys, getting to his feet, before running away quickly. He'd make a pretty good runner.

"Hey, we got a runner!" Zart yelled out.

All the gladers kept cheering and laughing. Just then, the greenie tripped, rolling on the ground. The crowd of boys let out groans and laughs, while I stood in the back, keeping my eyes on the greenie. Was it him?

The boy who I kept seeing in my dreams?

The greenie stood up, looking around the place he was in, while the gladers clapped and cheered, laughing as well. After about a minute, everyone started going back to work, while Gally and another boy grabbed the greenie and threw him in the pit, leaving Alby to take care of him.

I stood there, keeping my eyes on the pit that the greenie sat in. Snapping out of my trance, I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders, making me turn and see Gally there, looking at me with furrowed brows. I shook my head, pecking his cheek before going back to Chuck, feeling Gally's gaze on me the whole time.

~

~Greenie P.O.V.~

Alby had showed me around this place, or the glade, they call it. I couldn't stop picturing that girl I saw earlier. She's been on my mind. When we made eye contact, she felt so familiar to me. But, I don't know why.

Currently, I was with Chuck. He was setting up my hammock, talking to me, but I wasn't listening. My gaze was focused on the walls. More specifically, the doors that lead to somewhere beneath the walls.

"Hey, Chuck." A voice spoke up.

I turned my head, seeing that girl from earlier. She glanced at me, but kept her gaze. So did I. Both our brows were furrowed, like we were focusing on something. Maybe she recognized me, too?