Chapter 11: Escaping

~Y/n P.O.V.~

I stood next to Newt in front of the doors, while a couple Gladers got Teresa and Thomas from the pit. Thomas pretended to be unconscious, so two Gladers dragged him, and one held Teresa.

"This is such a waste." I heard Gally say.

"Gally..." Winston spoke up, standing beside Jeff. "It doesn't feel right, man."

"Yeah, what if Thomas is right? Maybe he can lead us home." Jeff backed Winston up.

"We are home. Okay? I don't wanna have to cross anymore names off that wall." Gally told them.

"You really think banishing us is gonna solve anything?" Teresa spoke up, glaring at Gally.

Gally shook his head a little, looking at her, "No. But this isn't a banishing. It's an offering."

Both mine and Teresa's eyes widen, glancing at each other.

"What?" Teresa said.

The one Glader that held onto Teresa, pushed her to the pole, tying up her wrists.

"Wait! Gally, what are you doing?" Teresa spoke again.

"You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the maze after what he's done?" Gally shouted at the girl. Then, he turned to us. "Look around you! Look at our Glade! This is the only way." Newt and I gave the signal to Minho, making him nod slightly at us. In the corner of my eye, I saw Chuck standing there, having everything we'll need. "And when the Griever's get what they came here for... everything goes back to the way it was."

"Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy!" Teresa spoke up again.

"You shut up." Gally told her harshly.

She ignored him, looking at the Gladers, "If you stay here, the Griever's are going to come back. They're gonna come back, and they're gonna keep coming back... until you're all dead!"

"Shut up!" Gally shouted before turning to the two boys who stood beside Thomas. "Tie him up!" They didn't listen to him at first. "Do you hear me? I said tie him up!"

They obeyed this time, crouching down to pick up Thomas. I was staring at Gally with wide eyes, not believing he was acting like this. He probably felt my eyes on him, cause he turned to glance at me, meeting my e/c eyes.

I looked away, shaking my head, feeling tears come to my eyes, before looking at the boys picking up Thomas. Once Thomas sat on his knees, he elbowed one of them, grabbing the spear from his hand, hitting the other boy with it.

A lot of stuff was happening, but I didn't focus on that. Instead, I ran to Teresa, cutting the rope with a machete that was wrapped around her wrists, as she kicked the one Glader in his area, then we joined Thomas at the doors. I stood in-between him and Teresa, as she was gripping my hand.

Frypan, Newt, Minho, and Chuck joined us at the entrance. I saw Gally's eyes glance through the people, before they stopped on me, tears coming to both our eyes. His eyes were wide at first, before a look of hurt laid on his face. I would've stayed with him. But I can't stay here forever, this isn't our home.

"You're full of surprises, aren't you?" Gally said harshly, now looking at Thomas.

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone else who wants to come, now is your last chance." Thomas said, as Teresa and I held up machetes, her hand still gripping mine.

Gally stopped them before they could join us, "Don't listen to him, he's just trying to scare you."

"No, I'm not trying to scare you. You're already scared. Alright, I'm scared. But I'd rather risk my life out there than spending the rest of it in here." Thomas said.