twenty

*unedited*

December 25th, 2018

"Goooood morning mija!! Feliz Navidad!"

Rumi giggled sleepily as her mom tackled her in a hug on her bed. She wrapped her arms around her mom through the blanket, "Buenos días mami, Feliz Navidad!"

Diana pulled on her arms excitedly as she tried to get her up, "I made breakfast and your Christmas pajamas are on your desk."

"Okay okay," Rumi laughed as she dragged herself out of bed, putting on her glasses. She threw on the red pants littered with white snowflakes and then pulled on the matching tshirt. Rumi picked her up phone to see a bunch if texts from friends. She smiled and clicked on Melo's name.

Rumi called Leila and River and talked to them for a few minutes

Rumi called Leila and River and talked to them for a few minutes. They were such a huge support when she finally told them about Halloween a few weeks ago. She made it a point to tell them before she told her Cali friends and she was glad she did. Leila eased her mind so much that Rumi didn't feel any panic when she sat down Sharife, Omar, and Seline. Talking to Leila had also stopped Rumi's nightmares. She didn't have them when she slept with Melo but they were reoccurring when she slept alone. It was almost like she was reliving it in different dimensions, in different ways.

Nothing could kill her mood however, as Rumi skipped downstairs happily. Her mom was reminding her of the way she used to be when Rumi was still in elementary school and it was making her so happy and nostalgic. She felt like it had been a long time since she was this excited for Christmas.

The smell of the big breakfast hit her as soon as she reached the bottom of the stairs, taking her back to when she was a child and her mom was still in her hippie phase. She showered Rumi with affection and outrageous gestures.

Her mom rounded the corner with two fat plates. Rumi's eyes widened as her stomach growled.

"Come honey, we're going to eat outside."

"Where's Mark?" Rumi asked as she sat her mom sat down the plates. Two glasses of orange juice were already placed along with silverware. Rumi smiled at her mom's cuteness. She was such a Cancer.

"I sent him out to get a last minute present for Melo's parents so we could have breakfast together," she said as she sat down excitedly.

"Oh mom, that's so nice of you," Rumi said with a grateful expression before digging in. Her mom smiled, "They're so nice to you. I'm glad your boyfriend's parents adore you as much as I do."

"How did you know?" Rumi questioned at her knowing tone. Her mom glanced down to her neck making Rumi raise her hand to grasp the initial. She smiled shyly making Diana smirk.