twenty-three

i hope you all are doing well🤍

December 28th, 2018

Lips grazed Rumi's neck while she dreamt causing her to let out a sleepy sigh as the sensation pulled her towards consciousness. Light shown gently from on her eyelids resulting in her snapping them open excitedly.

"The sun is rising!" She exclaimed with tired excitement making Melo chuckle, grogginess evident in his deep voice as well. He rubbed her back as she leaned over to peer out his window at the pink tinted clouds, "I know baby, that's why I woke you up."

"What time is it?" she inquired after watching them fly over the ocean for a moment. Melo picked up his phone and checked, "7:03."

"Oh wow, we slept a long time," Rumi commented, squeaking when the curtains pulled back loudly and Lavar yelled, "Yeah and both y'all snore!"

"Dad chill, you scared her," Melo snapped slightly making Rumi smack his chest at his attitude as her neck burned red, "LaMelo! It's fine."

She turned back to Lavar who just laughed at his son's protectiveness over her, "Do we actually snore?"

"No that's Gelo!" Zo called out making everyone snort except for the middle brother who sucked his teeth, "Zo shut yo pill head ass up."

"You boys crazy as hell," Lavar stated as Melo cracked up.

"Breakfast is gone come out in a few minutes so I want the chairs put back back and tables pulled out."

"Aight," Melo replied and sat up along with Rumi. Rumi stretched her body out, feeling her hoodie sleeves fall down her arms and her ears ring at the sudden movement after a few hours. Melo pressed a kiss to her cheek then patted her back, "C'mon girl hurry up."

Rumi got up and retracted her seat then straightened up their area since Melo had no inclination to do so after putting his seat upright. She tisked, "You're mad lazy honey, don't think Imma clean up after you forever."

"You look so good doin it though," Melo flirted with a smirk and Rumi rolled her eyes fighting her lips from curving into a smile. Rumi poked her head out in the aisle to see that Denise had gotten up with Zoey stretch her legs for a bit.

"I'll take her for a second if you want me to D," Rumi volunteered.

Rumi could vaguely remember Noni and Denise getting up during night to feed Zoey and coax her back to sleep after the air pressure would cause her discomfort. She felt like it was her turn in a way.

Denise's lips curled into a thankful smile, "Would you? I don't want to walk around with her but we're all about to eat and my legs are cramping."

"Of course, go head and eat I got her. Melo and I pigged out earlier anyways."

Rumi stood up and gently took Zoey, carefully walking back to her seat while Denise sighed in relief as she stretched out. Zo bragged, "I see you lil sis, you've handled babies before."

"One of my best friend's mom had a Montessori childcare in Washington and I got to go there after school for work when I was 16," Rumi answered as she watched the five-month old squirm slightly in her sitting position.