Fourteen

{Lizzie's POV}

"Jack," I say looking at my lap for a moment. "Do you love me?"

He's taken aback. "I-I-I mean I- Yeah, but-" he gives up. I place my hand on top of his on the center council.

It feels right. I can tell he feels it too.

{Johnson's POV}

I shuffle through some boxes and stuff. I found some things that may be useful. A string, 2 paper clips, a pocket knife, packet of crackers, and a pistol. I plan to shoot Richard, if that's his real name.

I stow all of my collectibles in the cloth bag and tie it to my belt loop. We take a long turn and hit a gravel road. I realize that we're probably getting to the place they're gonna keep me.

I perch myself on the counter and hold onto a handle to keep myself stable as I hold the gun, ready to shoot. My hand shakes, I'm scared.

We stop. a few things slide off the counter and onto the floor. Then I hear a door open and close. And the back door opens. I shoot, not knowing where. It feels wrong. I can't shoot a human. Richard comes into the van stomping and screaming.

I missed, I missed. He's not dead. I try shooting again but it just clicks. No ammo.

He grabs my arms and picks me up. I struggle but it's no use.

He drags me toward a stone building with broken windows. I look behind me past him. Lizzie's SUV. There's shouting and Jack runs Richard and I.

He brings his fist back and hits Richard in the jaw. He releases me and hits the ground "Whoa, dude."

He looks at me and smiles quickly but his rage takes over him and he kicks him in the guy repeatedly. Lizzie sees me and runs over. I jog toward her. We stop, our faces inches away from each other. She leans in but I back away and laugh awkwardly. She takes a deep breath. "Sorry..."

"No, no it's fine." I scratch the back of my neck. I hug her. "Thanks for coming after me."

"No problem Johnson." I feel her smile on my shoulder. "I love you."

My eyes widen and my cheeks get hot. She must've noticed because she shook her head, still hugging me back. "Not like that, Jack, I mean like a bro." She backs away and punches my shoulder.

"Well," I say grinning. "Then I love you too."

"What?!" I hear a deep voice say. I turn around and look at Jack. " What did you just say to my girlfriend?"

"I said I love her," I frown. "Why is that-Oh..."

Jack walks toward me. "No Jack!" Lizzie screams. But it was too late. Jack shoves me to the ground. I land Lizzie's feet. My back his the gravel. I cough. "Johnson!" Lizzie cries. She looks up at Jack. "Jack! He meant it as a bro!" Jack's jaw dropped.

"Sorry Jack." he looks down at me but doesn't offer me help. I stand, wobbling a little. I walk away a couple steps and watch them.

Jack says something and she leans in to kiss him. I guess she really does love him. Then I hear a door open. And shut.

Marge comes around the car holding a kitchen knife. I look back at Jack and Lizzie, still kissing. She lifts the knife and runs towards them. "Look out!" I scream. I sprint at them. I grab Jack's arm and drag him away breaking the kiss. Lizzie turns around and runs with us. But she trips and I pick her up bridal style. "My ankle..."

She puts her arms around my neck and watches behind me."Jack, you'll have to run faster she's gaining on us."

"Just...a couple more...yards..." I say between breaths.

Jack, ahead of me, shoves open the door to the seemingly abandoned building. As I pass him and set Lizzie down for a moment he says, "You sure that's a woman?"

I shake my head. I look out the door. Marge has knelt down to Richard and is crying. Jack must've killed him.

I take that time to gather myself.

________________________

{Lizzie's POV}

Johnson takes a bag off his belt loop and opens it. "I have some things that can help."

"What? Where did you get that?" Jack asks.

"In the back of the van."

"What do you have?" I say trying to be helpful.

"A pocket knife, 2 paper clips, and a string. Oh! And food." Johnson states.

"Food is always good." I smile at him. He grins back. That's when I know I love this boy.

*********************************

I feel like this is turning into a Johnson fanfic whoops. THANKS SO MUCH GUYS FOR 1K READS IT MEANS A LOT. If I do a sequel it will probably turn into a J fanfic any thoughts?

~Alex🐘🐙🐒
💩