Chapter 9

Hey! I just wanna say thank you to everyone for the comments and votes! Even though I don't have that many I'm still really happy everytime I see a new comment or another vote. It means a lot!

So now, without further ado, I present...

My childhood friend just moved back...and he's a total god!

Chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ride to school with Zane the next day was very awkward. So when we got to the school, I was more than happy to hop of the bike and run away as fast as I could. I was just about to break into a sprint when Zane grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I sucked in a breath as I gazed into his beautiful green eyes.

"I wanted to say sorry," Zane said with sincerity.

"Why?" I asked "You didn't do anything,"

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you over the date with Blake, and I'm sorry that you found out about Cassie. I didn't mean for you to find out." he said uncomfortably.

"So why were you with her in the first place?" I asked curiously.

"I was with her because I honestly thought I'd never have a chance with the girl I actually like," he said sadly.

"Why not?" I asked. Who wouldn't want to date Zane? He was practically perfect. He was smart, funny, devastatingly handsome, and charming when he felt like it.

"She's too good for me. And she likes another guy," he replied.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Because she's going on a date with another guy," he said.

"Wow, sucks to be you," I replied. I wasn't going to give him my sympathy because I was once in this situation too. I liked Zane, he didn't like me back.

He stared at me for like 10 seconds out of disbelief. Maybe what I said was a bit too harsh.

"Sorry that was kind of mean," I said looking down.

"No, I just can't believe that you don't- You know what? Never mind,' he said then quickly walked off.

I followed suit, only because I needed to get to my locker.

The first couple classes were pretty boring, so I was relieved when lunch rolled around. I went to the cafeteria and sat down at my usual table. I sat down between Matt and Lea. Samantha and Chris were sitting across from me. Cherri came and sat down about a few seconds after me.

"Hey, where is Alex?" I asked.

"Oh, he had to go to the library and finish a report-essay-thingy," replied Lea.

"Oh," I said picking at the meatloaf on my tray.

"Where is Zane?" asked Matt.

"I dunno," I mumbled. I didn't really care after how weird he'd acted this morning.

"So he's not gonna come to lunch today is he?" Samantha asked.

"Um no probably not," I answered. He's probably going to avoid me today.

"Ok good because we wanted to ask you something," Chris said.

"Uh okay what is it?" I asked curiously.

"Why aren't you and Zane going out yet?!?!" Cherri yelled.

"Because he doesn't like me." I replied simply. "And I'm going out with someone else."

"Uh correction, he does like you, a lot," Matt said. "Me and Zane have become pretty close in the past couple weeks and he told me. And anyone can tell just by the way he looks at you that he's totally smitten."

I froze. My fork clattered on the table top.

"Are you positive?" I asked.

"Yes!" answered everyone.

"I don't kno-," I started. But then I realized they were right. I had been the one Zane was talking about when he said that he liked a girl, then messed things up with her, and that he knew she didn't like him because she was going on a date with someone else. I had a date with Blake...

I was the girl.

I. Was. The. Girl.

I WAS THE GIRL!!!!!

I felt like screaming for joy!

I had to go find Zane!  I ran out of the lunchroom completely forgetting about anything else. I dashed out into the hallway. Most of them were deserted. I ran around corners until finally I came across a hallway with two figures, standing a little ways away. I couldn't make out what they were saying.

Omg it was Zane and Cassie.

I was about to go up and confront him when I saw them start making out. Tears formed in my eyes and I ran.

That bastard! I can't believe him! I ran into the girl's bathroom and locked my self in a stall and cried until there were no more tears left. Seconds ago I was so happy to find out that Zane liked me...and now I was crushed, brokenhearted, and hurt. I continued sobbing.

-Zane and Cassie-

Zane's Pov-

I finally decided to go tell Brianna that I liked her. It took half of lunch to finally make that decision. As I was heading towards the cafeteria I was cut off by Cassie. She was wearing a low cut top that hugged her curves, and a short skirt. But I didn't care. All I cared about was getting to Brianna so I could tell her how I felt.

"Hello," said Cassie, trying to sound seductive.

"Hey," said impatiently. "Listen I can't talk right now, I gotta go."

"Wait!" she said. "I just wanted to let you know that I really miss you. I wish you hadn't broken up with me. We had something special."

"Cassie, we fucked, that's all. It was nothing special. It's over." I felt bad saying it but it was the truth. I remember when Brianna asked me if we did it. I said no only because I knew she would never forgive me if she knew the truth.

I snapped back into reality only to realize that Cassie had stepped really close to me, leaving no space in between. Before I could protest, she crashed her lips onto mine. She wrapped her arms around my neck making it impossible to get away. I opened my eyes and saw someone at the end of the hall. Her eyes were full of tears, and then she ran away.

Shit, it was Brianna.

I was finally able to yank Cassie off me.

"What the hell was that?!" I yelled.

"A kiss," Cassie replied with a smug look on her face.

"Never do that again," I spat, my voice filled with venom.

She gave me an angry look and then stalked off.

God dammit. What the fuck was I gonna do? Brianna probably hates me. I need to find her. So I set off to find Brianna. I needed to explain to her what just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow! Zane is in some deep shit!

Comment and vote pweeaase!

I usually don't do guys povs but I think that was just a one time thing. I needed you guys to know what really went on so you wouldn't hate Zane.

Oh and I added the song just because I love it!

I also added a picture of Zane! Woohoo! It took me long enough. And I do realize that Blake looks a lot like him...but whatever. Anyway the picture is of John Ohh from the band The Maine who I absolutey love right now...and I find John Ohh super attractive. I wasn't sure if should make John Ohh Zane, or Matt from 90210.

Tell me if you think I made the right decision!

Love ya!