33: Never Leaving

The smell of cinnamon and smoke had filled my nose, comforting me but making me sad as well. My eyes had opened at one go. Usually I fluttered my eyes open but in this case I didn't. My eyes were still so heavy from my sobbing. I glanced at the clock in my room and it was only 4 am. I had only gotten sleep for a bit.

I had wondered why I still felt Fred's presence, and when I looked down on myself I just now realized that I was still in his robe. Taking his robe off, I got up and left it on my bed while I walked to my restroom.

On my counter was the creme I had used to get rid of not only mine but Fred's dark circles. I ignored the simple thing. I was using the loo and my eyes looked around my bathroom like I've never been in there before.

My eyes caught the attention of my strawberry conditioner, the one Fred liked but I ignored the silly thought in my head. As i finished up in the bathroom, I walked out shaking my head to wake up. I went through my drawers to just pick out some clothes to change into, and I stumbled upon the shirt my brother owned. The same shirt I let fred wear when after we took a shower together.

Why was everything making me think of him? He was never going to leave my head.

I changed into some simple plaid pajama pants and wore a plain long sleeve shirt so I can be extra comfortable and warm on my bed. Alone.

As I was about to get in bed again, the sound of something rubbing or brushing against my door had caught my attention. I was just thinking that someone's cat in the dormitory had escaped so I opened my door.

It definitely wasn't a cat.

This red headed, shirtless, tall boy had his back against the hall wall that was across my door while his head was down and it was his shoes that made the sound on my door.

I leaned down to see if Fred was asleep and he wasn't.
"Fred what are you still doing here..."

"I said I wasn't going to leave until you opened the door"

His voice was almost gone, he sounded so tired and yet so miserable. I hated seeing him like this, I felt tears starting to run down even though I could've sworn I had cried them all out.
"Well the door is open now." I replied but he ignored me.

"Fred you need to go"  I said while touching his shoulder. "Oh my god you're freezing".

Fred still had his head down while I was talking to him. There was a very small puddle on the ground between his spread out legs that lined up exactly to meet with his eyes. He must've been sitting there crying out of anger for so long. I got up and moved to get his robe off of my bed and then I moved back to cover him while sitting to his side.

"I don't want to go...i never want to leave-" he said while finally looking up, god he looked even worser. Something in me really really really wanted to just grab him and pull him In my room to stay. But I couldn't, I couldn't do it again.

I looked down so he wouldn't see me cry, but he slowly lifted his hand up to tilt my face to stare into his. He started caressing my cheek and his eyes were starting to get watery.

"I hate seeing you like this..." I whispered

It was my fault. It's my fault that he looked like that. I never thought about it but this whole time, I was the cause of it and I didn't realize.

"I hate seeing you like this..." he said as he wiped my tears away with his thumb.
"You don't have to see me like this ... Fred just go- please."

For a second I regretted saying those words but it was for the best. The best for him and the best for me. We caused eachother to look like this multiple times yet hated too see each other look miserable.