Chapter 1

Lakeisha's POV

Hartford, Connecticut

Mackleroy High School

"Come on, you stupid locker!" I grunted, trying to open it. I just entered this school, and this is what I have to go through everyday. I tried in vain, to get my locker to open, but still, it was the same result. Homeroom would begin soon, and I wanted some time to chill in the hallway.

"Need help?" asked Tarik, in his heavy Arabic accent. He was the school custodian.

"Yes, please," I nodded.

"Stand back," he said. He banged his fist on my locker, and got it open. "There you go! Have a good day, eh?"

"Thank you, Tarik!" I said.

"Smile, yes?" he chuckled. He was a funny man. He was originally from Algeria, which was located in North Africa. I took off my coat, and put it in my locker. Then, I realized something. I forgot my gym clothes. I only had on a skirt, and shiny, black knee high boots. This was the second time, I left my gym clothes at home.

"Sup, girl?" asked my friend, Pam Morales.

"What's happening, sister?" asked my friend, Connie Bridges.

"Oh, hey!" I said, closing my locker. "Not much, just chilling, before Homeroom starts."

"We should skip school, and head over to the Buckland Hills Mall!" suggested Pam.

"Girl, you must be crazy!" I chuckled. "Manchester is like 20 minutes away, not to mention all that traffic! And, we don't even have our driver's license, yet! We're only Freshmen!"

"We can always take mass transit!" Connie piped in.

"I guess, but I ain't spending it on bus fare! My mom would get on me, if I spent my lunch money!" I reasoned.

"Sister, you're no fun!" pouted Pam.

"Girl, I am fun! What you talking about?"

"We can probably hitchhike!" exclaimed Connie.

"Girl, you is a trip!" I laughed. "Ain't no one gonna give us a ride to the mall!"

"Learn to live a little!" scoffed Connie, combing her straight, blonde hair, that reminded me of Regina George, from Mean Girls.

"I am, boo!"

"I have to babysit my cousin, Blanca, this afternoon," said Pam.

"Okay, and what's that gotta do with me?" I asked.

"What I'm saying is, we should use this time to skip classes, and chill at the mall, babe!" said Pam.

"Why can't you find someone else to babysit your cousin?" I asked.

"My mom and dad want me to, so I can't back out of it," said Pam.

"I see," I sighed. The warning bell rang, and we split up. I went to my Homeroom, and listened to Beyonce on my phone. The song was Love On Top, and I was combing my smooth, dark hair.

"Hey, you!" said this boy, Craig Smith.

"Boy, what you want?" I asked. "I'm listening to my music."

"You want to date me?" asked Craig.

"Boy, shut up!" I snapped.

"Telling me to shut up?" said Craig. "Someone should teach you some manners!"

"And, someone should teach you to shut your big mouth!" I barked, getting in his face.

Craig shut his mouth after that. I scared him, that time. Then, the late bell rang. Mr. Peterson stepped in, and did the daily attendance. I got a text from Connie.

"Girl, let's crash the mall, after Homeroom!" her text message read.

I tried replying, but Mr. Peterson caught me using my phone. "Put that phone away, Davis!" he demanded.

"Sorry, sir," I said. I put my phone in my purse, for the time being. Connie seems to be ever so persistent. How are we gonna pull this off?

A/N Hey, guys! What do you think so far? Who is your favorite character, and why? What do you think about each of them? Should the girls get out of school, to hang out at the mall, or stay in school? Is Lakeisha hanging out with the right people? The fun is about to start! Don't be a silent reader. Please show some love and support, by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this book. Thanks, guys! Love you all! 😘😘😘😘😘❤❤❤❤❤❤